New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 1 - 10 of 16
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

Topic: «[CONFIRMED] AWM title buttons » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 13754

Harald Sann

Posted: 12/07/2021 01:55:12

Since I´ve updated AWM to v8.14.6.1 the title buttons in some programs are displayed in white. The background colour of the title buttons in these windows is light-grey. And so they are not realy visible. What´s to do?
Regards
Harald

Harald Sann

Posted: 12/16/2021 01:34:44

Here is an image of the white title buttons.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 12/22/2021 08:47:44

Hello, Harald

Thank you for contacting us and sorry for the delay in replying to you.

What applications you've noticed this problem with (names, versions)?

Could you specify the exact number of your Windows build (type winver in the Search field of the Windows Start menu, press Enter. The window containing the build number will appear).

Best regards.

Harald Sann

Posted: 12/23/2021 02:39:26

Hello Bogdan,

the affected program is chrome (V96.0.4664.110)
I´ve tried a number of different designs in chrome but the awm title buttons were displayed always in white. Before the awm update the title buttons were displayed in black.

Win build 19043.1348

Best regards

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 12/24/2021 06:30:35

Harald,

Could you specify some other applications the problem persists in? For example, does it persist in a simple application like Notepad?

Do you use any third-party system enhancement applications like WindowBlinds that change the appearance of the system?

Could you send us a screenshot depicting the problem so that we could see the color of title bars of windows in your system?

Could you also send us a screenshot (or several screenshots) depicting the standard Windows Color settings (Windows Settings > Personalization > Colors)?

You can send the screenshots to the email address support@actualtools.com.

Best regards.

Harald Sann

Posted: 01/18/2022 02:06:30

Bogdan,

I`ve send you infos and screenshots to "support at actualtools.com" on 27.12.2021.
Did you find a solution for the problem?

Regards
Harald

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 01/23/2022 01:56:15

Harald,

Sorry for the delay in replying to you.

I'm still unable to reproduce the problem.

I´ve tried a number of different designs in chrome but the awm title buttons were displayed always in white.
Does the problem persist in the most default Chrome theme as well?

I think I'm able only to set the blue color a little bit brighter than the selected color on your screenshot. You use the Custom color option, right? Could you click the Custom color option, make sure the color you use is selected and click "More". Then send us the hex color code (hexadecimal value beginning with the # symbol).

Does the problem persist if you set significantly brighter color and restart Chrome and Actual Window Manager?

Best regards.

Harald Sann

Posted: 01/28/2022 02:26:59

Bogdan,

again I've tried a number of different themes/designs in chrome with no success.

The color blue is not the problem on my system.

If I change the accent color in windows prefs then all other windows with focus are affected.

It's remarkable that my system is the only one with this problem.

Best regards
Harald

David Lomas
Advanced user

Posted: 02/03/2022 19:39:28

I've got a similar but reversed problem. AWM 8.14.6.1 on Windows 10, and accent colour is dark grey, and _usually_ the titlebar buttons are in white. But sometimes, for no apparent reason, they're drawn in black. Here's an example in the Asana desktop app.

After a while, changing focus between applications, they become white and can be seen again. But if I minimise and restore the Asana app, they go back to black for a while.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 04/07/2022 13:51:58

Hello, Harald and David

I apologize for such long delay in replying to you.

Harald,

You wrote:

Since I´ve updated AWM to v8.14.6.1 the title buttons in some programs are displayed in white.

I finally was able to reproduce the problem, but as I can see it happens not in all Windows 10 systems.

What is the edition of your Windows (Home, Pro etc.)?

As workaround you can temporarily use the "Office 2007 style" option for title buttons in specific settings for Google Chrome (AWM configuration module > Window Settings > Specific Settings > specific settings for Chrome > Title Buttons > "Office 2007 style"). The look of the buttons with this option enabled may not match well the Windows 10 look but at least the buttons are visible.

David,

I've got a similar but reversed problem. AWM 8.14.6.1 on Windows 10, and accent colour is dark grey, and _usually_ the titlebar buttons are in white. But sometimes, for no apparent reason, they're drawn in black

As I can see the AWM extra title buttons are black only after minimization and restoration of the window. As soon as I switch the focus to some other window the buttons become white. Can you confirm this?

Could you also specify the edition of your Windows (Home, Pro etc.)?

Like in case with Chrome, if the visibility problem annoys you much, you can temporarily use the "Office 2007 style" option for title buttons in specific settings for Asana (AWM configuration module > Window Settings > Specific Settings > specific settings fot Asana > Title Buttons > "Office 2007 style"). If you haven't created specific settings for Asana yet, you'll have to create them in order to use this option for Asana exclusively.

Best regards.

Messages 1 - 10 of 16
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register