Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[FIXED] Screen Saver starts in less than one minute , Screen saver issue » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 4617

Mark Witkowski

Posted: 11/28/2021 09:24:17

Hello,
I have been using Actual Multi Monitors for a number of years now. A few weeks ago, the screen saver began to start on monitor one in less than a minute, and it still does, making it difficult to get my lessons read for the science classes I teach. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but to know avail. At one point today, the screen saver started on both monitors in less than a minute. I had to uninstall the program to get work finished.

I checked the settings, and they were fro the screen saver to start after 30 minutes. As a side note, when I selected no screen saver, monitor number 1 would still have a screen saver pop-up in under a minute. Does someone have any idea as I like several features of the program.

I have reverted to 8.14.4 version and I am not having any issues. The latest version is having the screen saver start after a minute, even with the settings set at 30 minutes.

Thank you.
Mark Wirkowski

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 12/01/2021 07:26:20

Hello, Mark

Thank you for contacting us.

Do you mean the problem started when you were using the version 8.14.5? Do you recall any events around that time the appearance of this problem possibly can be associated with?

The latest version is having the screen saver start after a minute, even with the settings set at 30 minutes.
Do you mean you also tried the latest version 8.14.6.1 and the problem persists in it?

Does the problem happen with some particular screensaver? What screensavers the problem happens with?

Could you send us your AMM configuration files using the Send to Tech Support tool (AMM configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support)? Add a link to this topic in the email.

Could you also specify the exact number of your Windows build (type winver in the Search field of the Windows Start menu, press Enter. The window containing the build number will appear).

Best regards.

Derek Latter

Posted: 12/28/2021 00:09:52

I have the same problem with the screen saver in V8.14.6.1.  It defaults to 1 minute no matter what setting you put in. I have to roll back to v8.14.5 to get the screensaver to work properly. I have used Multiple Monitors for over 6 years and not had this problem before.

To ensure it was Multiple Monitors that was causing the issue, I left it running and uninstalled all my other software other than the OS (Win 10).  It was only when I uninstalled v8.14.6.1 that the problem disappeared.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 01/16/2022 04:45:33

Hello, Derek

Sorry for the delay in replying to you.

I was unable to reproduce the problem.

It defaults to 1 minute no matter what setting you put in.
Do you mean the value in the settings defaults to 1 minute or it's only the actual screensaver start time decreases to 1 minute?

Could you send us your AMM configuration files using the Send to Tech Support tool (AMM configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support)? Add a link to this topic in the email.

Also please tell what exactly screensaver you use?

Best regards.

Dimitris Daskalakis

Posted: 01/17/2022 04:35:45

Hello Bogdan,

Just got and installed the Actual Window Manager for evaluation. I experience the same as Derek.
In my case, I am trying to use the 'Save Idle Screens' feature, which is currently one of my favorites.
No matter how many minutes I am setting in the 'Start automatically when a monitor remains idle for', the screen savers start on 1 minute of idle time. From what I remember, this 1 minute setting was the default when I first opened it. It seems it is ignoring the setting I put there afterwards.

I am sending you my AMM configuration files, as well.

Kind regards,
Dimtiris

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 01/22/2022 09:45:21

Hello, Dimitris

Thank you for contacting us.

No matter how many minutes I am setting in the 'Start automatically when a monitor remains idle for', the screen savers start on 1 minute of idle time.
The problem has been confirmed. Indeed, this behavior persists for the Save Idle Screens feature in the version 8.14.6.1, but not for the usual Screen Savers feature. We'll try to fix it and will post here when it's fixed. Unfortunately, for now there is no known workaround for it.

Best regards.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 06/26/2022 00:50:54

Hello, everyone

I'm glad to notify you that the subject issue with the Save Idle Screens feature (where it stared after one minute independently of the specified time) has been fixed and the fix is available in the latest version 8.14.7 of Actual Window Manager and of Actual Multiple Monitors.

You can update your program to the latest version (program's tray icon context menu > Info > Check for Updates) or download the latest version manually, install it and confirm the fix.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 2, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register