Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[FIXED] Actual Multiple Monitors 8.14.6 Breaks Secondary Taskbar Window Titles , Latest upgrade makes application name appear in taskbar, not window title (as previous version & Windows native taskbar does) » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 4370

Morgan Leininger

Posted: 11/23/2021 11:19:51

The latest upgrade to Actual Multiple Monitors (version 8.14.6) seriously breaks the functionality of taskbars on other monitors. Only the application name is displayed, not the window title, so for example, if one has several browsers tabs open, the taskbar entries for all will be Firefox/Edge/Chrome, or whatever browser.

Same with every other application, so multiple File Explorers, LibreOffice docs, etc., etc.

Corrie Engelbrecht

Posted: 11/24/2021 00:36:09

For me it breaks window titles on all monitors.

Morgan Leininger

Posted: 11/24/2021 02:47:02

@Corrie Engelbrecht: sounds like you may have AMM set to replace your Primary Taskbar. In my config, Windows handles primary taskbar, and Windows Titles are shown as expected. Only secondary taskbars handled by AMM have this newly introduced bug.

You can downgrade to the previous working version here:
https://www.actualtools.com/multiplemonitors/download/#archive
...I reverted to 8.14.5 and now have functional taskbars again.

This is a BUG, introduced with the newest Actual Multiple Monitors upgrade, which involved the usual "yearly renewal" fee. This makes it especially annoying, as I have wasted both time and money on the upgrade, while being forced to revert to previous codebase, for which I needn't have spent any time nor money.

Would appreciate seeing some response from Actual Tools technical support to have confidence this has made it into the proper bug tracker.

I know it's "only" $15/year, but expectations for code shipped via a subscription model very reasonably are high. Don't charge a yearly fee and then reduce functionality with the code pushed. Don't sell me on an upgrade that increases performance and fixes bugs, but introduces a bug so severe it essentially breaks one of the most important features of the application.

Corrie Engelbrecht

Posted: 11/24/2021 02:49:50

@Morgan Well, 8.14.5 does not have this bug, so I don't really know what you're trying to say.

Morgan Leininger

Posted: 11/24/2021 02:57:44

@Corrie I am trying to report a bug on the newest version of Actual Multiple Monitors version 8.14.6.

Seeing your reply, sounding like the same bug, I sought to offer what little help I could for your situation, linking to the previous version which does not have this issue, so you might return to functional codebase if desired.

I was hoping for a reply from Actual Tools, as I see them replying to other reported bugs on the new version in this forum. So I complain also about lack of response.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 11/24/2021 03:05:30

Hello, everyone

The latest upgrade to Actual Multiple Monitors (version 8.14.6) seriously breaks the functionality of taskbars on other monitors. Only the application name is displayed, not the window title
We apologize for the inconveniences caused by the problem with taskbar buttons labels in the version 8.14.6. The problem has been confirmed and we're already fixing it. The new version 8.14.6 will be reuploaded soon. We'll post in this topic when the version containing the fix is available.

Best regards.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 11/26/2021 10:38:21

Hi, everyone

Morgan Leininger wrote:
The latest upgrade to Actual Multiple Monitors (version 8.14.6) seriously breaks the functionality of taskbars on other monitors. Only the application name is displayed, not the window title

I'm glad to notify you that the subject issue has been fixed and the fix is available in the latest version of Actual Window Manager and Actual Multiple Monitors 8.14.6.1.

You can update your program to the latest version (program's tray icon context menu > Info > Check for Updates) or download the latest version manually, install it and confirm the fix.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register