Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[SOLVED] downloaded screen saver not showing » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 2497

Jason Gibson

Posted: 09/18/2021 15:39:54

I recently downloaded a new screen saver and installed it. It shows up in my windows screen savers and is usable in windows but when I open the AMM program it does not show up in the drop down of available screen savers. Is there a way for me to add it so I can use it in the AMM program?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 09/19/2021 05:14:43

Hello, Jason

Thank you for contacting us.

Could you provide a link to the screensaver you have this problem with?

Could you also specify the exact number of your Windows build (type winver in the Search field of the Windows Start menu, press Enter. The window containing the build number will appear).

Best regards.

Jason Gibson

Posted: 09/21/2021 05:28:42

Here is a link to the screensaver I downloaded and installed https://www.screensaversplanet.com/screensavers/the-matrix-563/

Windows 10 version 19043.1237

Thanks

Jason Gibson

Posted: 09/22/2021 14:11:33

Bogdan Polishchuk wrote:
Hello, Jason

Thank you for contacting us.

Could you provide a link to the screensaver you have this problem with?

Could you also specify the exact number of your Windows build (type winver in the Search field of the Windows Start menu, press Enter. The window containing the build number will appear).

Best regards.

So is there a way to make this screen saver show up in the available screensavers in the drop down in the AMM program??

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 09/23/2021 04:35:23

Jason,

I've tested this screensaver. There are two ways to use it. According to the readme.txt file:
Simply copy "matrix.scr" to your windows directory,
or right-click this file in explorer and click "Install".

It seems like if you choose the latter (click "Install") the screensaver is added to the list of available screensavers in Windows only temporarily, until you choose and set other screensaver from the list and re-open the screensaver settings window. In this case AMM doesn't add the screensaver to its list of the screensavers.

But if you copy the screensaver file to the Windows directory (C:\Windows) the screensaver is presented in both Windows and AMM lists of the screensavers permanently until you delete the file.

Let me know if this helps you.

Best regards.

Jason Gibson

Posted: 09/23/2021 14:57:13

Bogdan Polishchuk wrote:
Jason,

I've tested this screensaver. There are two ways to use it. According to the readme.txt file:
Simply copy "matrix.scr" to your windows directory,
or right-click this file in explorer and click "Install".

It seems like if you choose the latter (click "Install") the screensaver is added to the list of available screensavers in Windows only temporarily, until you choose and set other screensaver from the list and re-open the screensaver settings window. In this case AMM doesn't add the screensaver to its list of the screensavers.

But if you copy the screensaver file to the Windows directory (C:\Windows) the screensaver is presented in both Windows and AMM lists of the screensavers permanently until you delete the file.

Let me know if this helps you.

Best regards.

I copied it to the directory and it works now. Thanks for your help!

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register