Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Actual Title Buttons - Rollup -- only roll partway up on some programs » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 6756

Chris Richman

Posted: 09/01/2021 00:38:07

Hello!  Used to use this years ago and trying it out again.  I've installed the trial of Actual Title Buttons.  I'm particularly interested in the rollup option, but it looks like you get all the functionality of Actual Window Rollup with Actual Title Buttons.

Anyway, the rollup button only rolls up some windows part way.  Examples: Slack, Teams main window (the buttons don't show up at all on an active call window), MS Edge, Trello Desktop app.  

I'm running Windows 10 Pro 21H1 (19043.1165).  

Is there a fix for this, or is this just a limitation of working in Window 10?  The last time I used Actual Tools was on XP, I think, and I know things have changed a lot since then.

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Richman

Posted: 09/01/2021 05:37:34

Quick correction -- the buttons do show up on the teams active call windows, but the title bar is black, so I can't see them.  Any way to change the color?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 09/02/2021 12:45:31

Hello, Chris

Thank you for contacting us.

I'm particularly interested in the rollup option, but it looks like you get all the functionality of Actual Window Rollup with Actual Title Buttons.
Actual Title Buttons provides the rollup feature in limited form, but probably it will suit your needs. Actual Window Rollup provides the ability to adjust and use the rollup feature more precisely and in more flexible way. You can see the differences in the implementation of the rollup feature in these products in the Feature Comparison Chart (the Roll Up Options section).

Anyway, the rollup button only rolls up some windows part way.  Examples: Slack, Teams main window (the buttons don't show up at all on an active call window), MS Edge, Trello Desktop app.
This is most likely due to the minimum height limitation of the windows of these applications. You can see that you can't make the height less than this limit when resizing the window manually. We'll consider adding the ability to the rollup feature to ignore this limitation and will post here if it's added.

Also, there may be the ability to change the minimum height for some of the applications. You can search this information on the web.

Teams main window (the buttons don't show up at all on an active call window)
Quick correction -- the buttons do show up on the teams active call windows, but the title bar is black, so I can't see them.  Any way to change the color?
If you want to change the title buttons color particularly for the Teams active call window, for now as workaround you can create specific settings for this particular window and enable the "Office 2007 style" option in the Title Buttons section of the settings. This skin may not match the appearance of Windows 10 well, but at least the buttons are visible.

For now we don't have the ability to test the problem with Teams. Could you send us a screenshot depicting the problem?

Also please specify the version of Teams you're running.

Best regards.

Chris Richman

Posted: 09/03/2021 23:27:07

Thanks for the reply!

This is most likely due to the minimum height limitation of the windows of these applications. You can see that you can't make the height less than this limit when resizing the window manually. We'll consider adding the ability to the rollup feature to ignore this limitation and will post here if it's added.

Also, there may be the ability to change the minimum height for some of the applications. You can search this information on the web.

You're right that it is rolling up to the same minimum size that I can resize it to manually.  One thing that's interesting (not sure if it's useful) is that after I hit the rollup button, I can then manually resize it down to just the titlebar.  So, while it doesn't roll up all the way, the act of rolling it up eliminates the minimum size allowing it to be manually resized to a title bar.  Just mentioning it in case there's a way to use that to improve the functionality.

Attaching a video that shows the black-on-black buttons in teams and the minimum height thing I was talking about.  Let me know if you have any questions!

Chris

Ooops, nevermind.  Looks like no videos.  Here's a screenshot.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 09/10/2021 23:34:47

Chris,

Thank you for the information about changing the height after roll up, this may be useful. And thank you for the screenshot of the problem in Teams.

Have you tried the "Office 2007 style" option for Teams?

Chris Richman

Posted: 09/11/2021 06:07:22

Cool.  Yeah, I did try try the Office 2007 style option.  It's not pretty in Windows 10, but it does get the job done.  Maybe if I get some time some day I'll try to whip up a skin with white buttons based on the standard ones.

Speaking of white buttons... one other interesting thing I noticed with Slack... the buttons there are often black on the (almost) black title bar, too.  But, then sometimes they're white.  And if I shift the position horizontally, sometimes they'll change.  Not sure what causes that, and it's not super consistent so I probably don't have the right steps to reproduce, but I thought I'd mention it in case it points to anything.

Sorry for all the detailed issues... I'm a Product Manager in tech :)

Have a great weekend!

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register