Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Issue with Positioning & Child Windows/Menus » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 2314

Joey Robinson

Posted: 07/15/2021 22:37:25

Good afternoon all,

Forgive me if there is a workaround for this, but I'm noticing an issue that occurs with child windows within applications I have "Position" rules defined for.

I have a rule configured to move certain applications such as Teams etc to my primary monitor and position them in specific places. However, objects such as sub-menus within the applications, tooltips, child windows etc. all are restricted to the positioning preference defined for the parent application. This causes issues where navigating sub-menus becomes difficult as the menus are docked in unexpected places.

Is there a way around this? I'd like these sub-objects to not follow the same parameters I have setup for the main window of an application. Thanks for any advice to point me in the right direction. I'm using the current version of Actual Window Manager, on Win10, issue occurs with Teams, ConnectWise Automate, etc.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/21/2021 18:52:23

Hello, Joey

Thank you for contacting us.

It's possible to avoid applying of the settings for the main window to sub-windows and menus unless these sub-windows have the same values of the window parameters (Program, Class, Caption) as the main window. If the windows have different value of at least one of the parameters, then you need to specify the values of the main window more accurately in the Target Window section of the specific settings, so that the settings are appliled to the main window and not to other windows of the application. For example if all the windows have the same values of the Program and Class parameters but unique values of the Caption parameter, then you need to additionaly enable the Caption parameter in the settings and specify the value that matches the value of the main window.

The Crosshair tool (see the screenshot) provides the easiest way to see a window's parameters values and to fill the parameters fields in the Target Window section automatically with the right values. To fill the fields automatically just drag the crosshair with mouse over one of the windows - as soon as the crosshair is over the window the fields are filled. When you're sure that the values of the right window are in the fields (the crosshair is over the right window) you can release the mouse button.

Also you can use the crosshair tool just to see the values of window parameters of different windows. For example if you want to compare the values of the windows of the same application. Just don't apply changes in the specific settings unless you're sure the values of the right window are in the fields.

Let us know if this solution solves your problem.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register