New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 1 - 10 of 12
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

Topic: «[CONFIRMED] Bug(s)? Taskbar "Replace the System Taskbar" & empty space » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 22324

carbon248

Posted: 06/08/2021 06:02:31

A couple of things I'm finding which are potential bugs.

On Win 10 21H1 latest updates etc, AMM 8.14.5

When using the option Mode>Mirror & Options>Replace the system taskbar(checked) all the taskbar look the same as one would expect, however here is where the first bug could potentially be. There is a significant amount of space and the applications are not stretched out to fill the space and make them easier to read. They look all sandwiched together even if there a few apps open, it is like the default to a specific size on the taskbar regardless of how many apps are open

(bug1.png)

Next potential bug is when Mode>Mirror & Options>Replace the system taskbar(unchecked)the primary monitor extends all the applications to the end of the task bar right up to the tray on the primary monitor. All the apps on the taskbar are stretched so they are easy to read as one would expect with normal behavior. However, the other 2 monitors it still looks like the attached (bug1.png) as if the option only affects the primary monitor when you uncheck this.

So there is 2 issues could be related, maybe not but this is an issue. Only way to undo everything is by closing AMM and restarting explorer.exe in Task manager

carbon248

Posted: 06/09/2021 04:04:41

Any feedback? not a lot of activity by admins and developers?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 06/10/2021 04:19:38

Hello, carbon248

Thank you for contacting us.

This problem has been confirmed. We'll try to fix it and will post here if it's fixed.

It seems to be a single problem, not two different problems. The problem is taskbar buttons are displayed like this on Actual Multiple Monitors taskbars. So when you disable the "Replace the system taskbar" option then the system taskbar is displayed on the main monitor and it doesn't have such problem.

Only way to undo everything is by closing AMM and restarting explorer.exe in Task manager
Could you clarify, do you mean when you restart explorer.exe you start Actual Multiple Monitors then and the Actual Multiple Monitors taskbars don't have this problem?

Best regards.

carbon248

Posted: 06/14/2021 23:38:20

Hi Bogdan,

Are you saying the applications on the taskbar not being stretched out to the end of the taskbar is normal? I don't understand the reason behind this, if it is stretched out than you can actually see the title a little and it would be beneficial to make it behave like a native windows 10 taskbar.

In reference to your question. What I mean is that in order to fix the second problem is to kill explorer so that all the taskbars behave like a normal native windows10 taskbar. Restarting explorer does not resolve the AMM issue.

Looking forward to hopefully seeing these 2 issues improved.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 06/16/2021 10:22:01

carbon248,

Are you saying the applications on the taskbar not being stretched out to the end of the taskbar is normal?
It's not really clear to me why you interpreted my message like this. What I mean is yes, of course it's a problem of AMM taskbars. But you described it like two different bugs, while it's the same bug, with exception of the "Replace the system taskbar" option is disabled in the second case, and hence the system taskbar is displayed on the main monitor and it doesn't have such problem.

the other 2 monitors it still looks like the attached (bug1.png) as if the option only affects the primary monitor when you uncheck this.
The option "Replace the system taskbar" does affect only the taskbar on the main display. If you want to have Windows taskbars on the other displays as well you'll have to disable the Actual Multiple Monitors taskbars and enable Windows taskbars on the secondary monitors.

Best regards.

carbon248

Posted: 06/16/2021 22:22:45

Hi Bogdan,

This is what I'm trying to tell you in regards to 2 separate bugs.

The first one you acknowledge with the applications not being stretched.

The option "Replace the system taskbar" does affect only the taskbar on the main display. If you want to have Windows taskbars on the other displays as well you'll have to disable the Actual Multiple Monitors taskbars and enable Windows taskbars on the secondary monitors.

This does not work. As I stated the only way to return to a normal windows taskbar on the 2nd and 3rd monitor is to completely kill Explorer.exe and restart it. If you click on the taskbar on the 2nd/3rd monitor and bring up properties and uncheck "Replace the system Taskbar" it does not do anything. It retains the AMM taskbar no matter what you do. The only way to fix this is to kill explorer.exe. When you stated you have to "disable AMM taskbar and enable Windows Taskbar on the second monitor" I don't know of any other way except to again uncheck the "replace the system taskbar" in the AMM properties on the 2nd/3rd monitor. This however does not work and only way is to kill explorer.exe. Unless you know of another way? Please let me know and I will test it, otherwise I would consider this Bug #2. Hopefully that is more clear.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 06/26/2021 15:39:29

Hello, carbon248

There are standard Windows taskbars and there are Actual Multiple Monitors taskbars. AMM taskbars have the unused space problem, while the standard Windows taskbars don't have it. Both Windows 10 taskbars and AMM taskbars can be enabled on primary and secondary monitors. If you have taskbars for primary or secondary monitors enabled in AMM, Windows respective taskbars will be replaced by AMM taskbars automatically as you start AMM.

If you click on the taskbar on the 2nd/3rd monitor and bring up properties and uncheck "Replace the system Taskbar" it does not do anything.
What I'm trying to say is that the option "Replace the system taskbar" is only related to the taskbar on the main display. It's not related to AMM taskbars on any other monitors. When you bring up "Properties" no matter from what Actual Multiple Monitors taskbar it opens the Taskbar section of the AMM configuration module, which is not related to some particular taskbar, but contains settings for all Actual Multiple Monitors taskbars and some AMM settings for system taskbar. And the option "Replace the system taskbar" is only related to the taskbar on the main display, no matter how you open this section of the configuration module - by opening the module from Start menu (or any other way) and navigating to this section, or via the Properties item of any AMM taskbar.

So if you uncheck "Replace the system Taskbar" it disables the AMM taskbar on the main monitor and the standard Windows taskbar is displayed on this monitor. If you have AMM taskbars on 2nd/3rd monitors they still will be displayed. If you want to disable AMM taskbars on secondary monitors you can make it either via the AMM tray icon menu, the Taskbars item, or you can disable the Multi-monitor taskbar feature completely (AMM configuration module > Multiple Monitors > Taskbar > Multi-monitor taskbar). But to enable standard Windows taskbars on secondary monitors you'll have to open the Windows taskbar settings and enable the "Show taskbars on all displays" option (right-click on the Windows taskbar > Settings > Multiple Displays > Show taskbars on all displays).

Only way to undo everything is by closing AMM and restarting explorer.exe in Task manager
What I mean is that in order to fix the second problem is to kill explorer so that all the taskbars behave like a normal native windows10 taskbar.
Do I understand correctly that you do this: you exit Actual Multiple Monitors - there are no taskbars on secondary monitors at all at this moment. Then you restart explorer.exe, then Windows taskbars appear on 2nd and 3rd monitor and they don't have the unused space problem?

Best regards.

carbon248

Posted: 07/01/2021 01:40:16

Hi Bogdan,

" If you want to disable AMM taskbars on secondary monitors you can make it either via the AMM tray icon menu, the Taskbars item, or you can disable the Multi-monitor taskbar feature completely (AMM configuration module > Multiple Monitors > Taskbar > Multi-monitor taskbar). But to enable standard Windows taskbars on secondary monitors you'll have to open the Windows taskbar settings and enable the "Show taskbars on all displays" option (right-click on the Windows taskbar > Settings > Multiple Displays > Show taskbars on all displays)."

The above does not work. The only way to disable the AMM taskbar on the non primary monitor is to completely exist AMM and kill explorer.exe, what you suggested above does not work.

Again not a big deal b/c there is a fix but this is a bug in my opinion.

the rest of what you explained makes sense as how it relates only to the main display, however the issue above does not work on Win10 21H1.

Thanks

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/01/2021 19:29:33

carbon248,

The above does not work. The only way to disable the AMM taskbar on the non primary monitor is to completely exist AMM and kill explorer.exe, what you suggested above does not work.
Do you mean the "Show taskbars on all displays" option in the Windows taskbar settings doesn't enable the taskbars on the secondary monitors when AMM is running (even though the AMM taskbars are disabled in the AMM settings)? Does this option work if you exit AMM completely before enabling it? Or still the only way to make Windows taskbars appear is to resrart the explorer process?

carbon248

Posted: 07/02/2021 06:08:15

Ok i understand what you are saying now. This entire time I was looking at the AMM settings, you were talking about the Windows Taskbar settings.

Yes in the Windows taskbar settings turning on "Show taskbars on all displays" works.

Odd way to make this work. It would be easier if you turn off the option in the AMM taskbar menu to make everything return to normal but this is one way as is killing explorer i guess.

Thanks

Messages 1 - 10 of 12
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register