Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[SOLVED] Oversized Preview windows , How to remove/reduce oversized previews » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 2526

Michael Daly

Posted: 05/15/2021 01:26:36

Hi,
Trying to resolve an issue with preview windows being overly large:
When I hover over a tab (google chrome tab) or for the example provided over the "subscription" option in this forum menu, I get a preview that is ballooned to an overly large size. How do I manage this or turn it off as I've not found the option related in the configuration?
Thanks
Michael

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 05/26/2021 06:41:08

Hello, Michael

Thank you for contacting us.

This happens because some settings with the "Resize at startup" action enabled (Default Settings or Specific Settings for Chrome) are applied to these tooltip windows. Please see whether you have specific settings for Chrome with the Caption target criterion disabled in the Target Windows section. Try to enable the Caption criterion, Apply changes and see whether the problem stops. Also see whether the standard "All unnamed windows" exclusion is disaled or not (AWM configuration module > Window Settings > Exclusions > All unnamed windows). Try to enable it and see if the problem stops.

If the solution prevents Actual Window Manager from processing some other windows the way you want to and you need help in adjusting the settings, then please describe the problem and what you want to accomplish.

Best regards.

Michael Daly

Posted: 05/26/2021 07:54:05

Thanks.  The caption target criterion settings in a chrome browser "new tab" were the issue, as you suggested.   Would have never found it as there are just so many features within the product.

Great product.  Been a user for years now, running across 4 monitors on a desktop, as well as a second license on a laptop which I use with some portable monitors for extended travel and have never found anything close to as functional.  

-Michael

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 06/03/2021 21:49:36

Michael,

No problem! Thank you for appreciation of our work!

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register