Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Taskbar constantly needs to be reset to "On top" & a question » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 2450

Kiwi

Posted: 03/26/2021 11:04:22

Actual Windows Manager 8.14.5 - on a Windows 10 x64

Greetings
I am currently experiencing the taskbars not being "On top" and it's getting very annoying. It's an easy fix, unclick and reclick "On top" but its happening every 5 minutes  :evil: and I'm looking for any known fixes.

Also, on a lighter topic. I currently have a taskbar set to the left side of the monitor. I really want the Start Menu to be on the bottom, the notification area, clock and going upwards the tabs of programs on this monitor. Is this possible?

And cos I'm a leet graphic artist, this is kinda what I mean. Or if failing all of that, can I have the menu when opened appear in the bottom left corner?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 04/14/2021 15:35:00

Hello, Kiwi

Thank you for contacting us and sorry for the delay in replying to you.

I was unable to reproduce the problem with the "On top" state of the taskbar.

Could you clarify what exactly you mean by "the taskbars not being "On top""? Do you mean the taskbars act exactly as if the "On top" option were disabled? I mean, any maximized window or a window you drag over the taskbar overlaps it? Or it happens only with some particular applications when you maximize them?

Have you noticed at what moment the "On top" option stops working? Is it associated with any actions/events in the system?

Could you send us your Actual Window Manager configuration files using the Send to Tech Support tool (AWM configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support)?

Could you specify the exact number of your Windows build (type winver in the Search field of the Windows Start menu, press Enter. The window containing the build number will appear).

I really want the Start Menu to be on the bottom, the notification area, clock and going upwards the tabs of programs on this monitor. Is this possible?
Or if failing all of that, can I have the menu when opened appear in the bottom left corner?
Unfortunately, for now nothing of this is possible. But we'll consider adding these features and will post here if they're added.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register