Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Display Fusion and Virtual Desktops , Will they work together? » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 3190

Joe Colburn

Posted: 03/23/2021 06:41:28

I currently use Display Fusion and for the most part it works very well.  The one area where DF fails is in the Virtual Desktop department. If I use the Windows Task View to create Virtual Desktops the programs don't seem to stay only in their windows and basically run through to the windows above and below.  This only happens on the desktop which DF creates the Taskbar.

With ActualTools, the first thing that happens is AT deletes the DF menu when the Virtual Desktop changes. After that the Virtual Desktop seems to work very well.  I would like to have text that I can place somewhere on the screen to know which desktop on an on, but not a deal breaker.

I adjusted more settings and one setting really doesn't make sense to me. It has to do with the title bars and placing icons on top of them.  The issue is, it puts the title bar on every window, including all popup and child windows, which makes a major mess in many of my programs.

Is there a workaround for the missing DF Taskbar issue?  Can AT completely take the place of DF with a separate taskbar on each side of the screen?  I have a 38" curved screen which DF splits in two parts and displays a taskbar on the bottom of each part of the screen.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 04/10/2021 05:33:46

Hello, Joe

Thank you for contacting us and sorry for the delay in replying to you.

You're running our Actual Virtual Desktops product, right?

I would like to have text that I can place somewhere on the screen to know which desktop on an on
We'll consider your request and will post here if the feature is implemented.

I adjusted more settings and one setting really doesn't make sense to me. It has to do with the title bars and placing icons on top of them.
If you want to disable the extra buttons for all applications you need to go to the Actual Virtual Desktops configuration module > Window Settings > Default Settings > the "Via title button" option.
If you still wish to use the buttons in some applications you can enable them in specific settings for these applications in the configuration module > Window Settings > Specific Settings.

With ActualTools, the first thing that happens is AT deletes the DF menu when the Virtual Desktop changes. <...> Is there a workaround for the missing DF Taskbar issue?
I've tested the workaround I've sent to you via email earlier, and it works. You need to create specific settings for the DF taskbar and enable the option Place Target Window Automatically > At startup on > All desktops (for the Actual Virtual Desktops program). Here you can learn about how to create Specific Settings for an application. When specifying the target window with the crosshair tool you need to drag it over the center part of the DF taskbar, not over the Start Button, as they're different windows.

Let me know if you need further assistance in adjusting the settings.

Can AT completely take the place of DF with a separate taskbar on each side of the screen?
Unfortunately, for now our software doesn't provide such ability. But we'll consider this as a feature request an will post here if it's implemented.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register