Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[FIXED] Tabbed Explorer - Visually ugly on W10 20H2 » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 3632

madindehead

Posted: 02/06/2021 20:38:02

Hello,

This is something which has been annoying me for a while now. The issue has existed for a few builds of Windows 10, but it's still an issue in 20H2. It was an issue when the current version of Actual Window Manager was updated, so I'm really not sure why it wasn't fixed.

Basically, when using Tabbed Explorer and W10 dark mode, Actual Window Manager adds a really ugly white box above the tabs. It looks like it's part of the Actual Window Manager container/implmentation.

Are there any plans to fix this? It seems like it hasn't been tested properly.

The attached image should make it clear. The black fill is to hide the content of my explorer window.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/08/2021 11:38:15

Hello, madindehead

Thank you for contacting us.

You're right, this is a known problem. Unfortunately, not all known problems can be fixed in the first update after their confirmation.

We'll try to include the fix for this problem in the next update but not in the upcoming update which we're going to release in the first half of this month.

Best reagrds.

madindehead

Posted: 02/09/2021 21:04:06

Hello Bogdan,

Thanks for your swift response. Do you have a rough idea of when the update following the February update will be available?

One thing I did notice today is that my laptop which is running 8.14.4, but on W10 Build 2004 doesn't have this problem.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/28/2021 08:43:01

madindehead,

Sorry for the delay.

Do you have a rough idea of when the update following the February update will be available?
Unfortunately, for now there is no even approximate time frame of the next version release.

One thing I did notice today is that my laptop which is running 8.14.4, but on W10 Build 2004 doesn't have this problem.
I guess the problem persists beginning from some Windows 2004 build. Could you specify the exact number of your Windows build on that laptop (type winver in the Search field of the Windows Start menu, press Enter. The Window containing the build number will appear).

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 11/26/2021 11:02:20

Hello, madindehead

You wrote:
Basically, when using Tabbed Explorer and W10 dark mode, Actual Window Manager adds a really ugly white box above the tabs.

I'm glad to notify you that the subject issue has been fixed and the fix is available in the latest version of Actual Window Manager 8.14.6.1.

You can update your program to the latest version (program's tray icon context menu > Info > Check for Updates) or download the latest version manually, install it and confirm the fix.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 2, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register