Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Outlook Crash , Lorex Cloud Causing Outlook Crash » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 10148

Jon Albright

Posted: 02/04/2021 02:02:29

Good morning,
Have been experiencing this issue for several months.  I finally narrowed down what I think the culprit is.  I keep 7 desktops running each of my two monitors.  Outlook runs in desktop 6 on monitor 1 and Lorex Cloud (remote camera security monitoring) runs on Desktop 7 on monitor 2.  Over the past several months, outlook would freeze becoming unresponsive and have to 3 finger salute it.  Didn't matter how many times this occured during the day (i lost count it happens so often).  I began narrowing down the programs running on the other desktops but didn't matter which one I did not run.  As long as the Lorex program was running, it would crash outlook so.... I have not had it running now for 3 days and have not had Outlook crash once.  There is obviously a memory conflict between the two programs but not sure what information can be shared to maybe see if a fix is possible with AWM.  I cannot get any action from Lorex.  AWM version is 8.14.4

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/08/2021 10:25:04

Hello, Jon

Thank you for contacting us.

Do you mean AWM should be running in order for the conflict between Outlook and Lorex to happen?

Have you checked whether the problem happens without AWM started?

Best regards.

Jon Albright

Posted: 02/10/2021 04:25:14

To start, I typically shut down AWM at the end of the day and restart in the morning.  As for not running AWM, yes... I have experienced the same issue when AWM has not been running although it seems the outlook crash happens less often.  I thought it might be a hardware issue (DIMM module) but I ran memory diags and all came back good.  Something appears to be leaking into the same memory space but I'm afraid that is where my expertise ends since I did not write the code for outlook or anything else that is running....which is predominatly microsoft office apps....word, excel, access, outlook...

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/17/2021 18:31:59

Jon,

Does Outlook crash when this happens or it freezes and you end the Outlook process manually?

Could you please do the following:
1. Download and run the EnableLocalMinidumps.reg file;
2. Reproduce the problem with Outlook crash but with AWM running;
3. Go to the CrashDumps folder (%LOCALAPPDATA%\CrashDumps), find the most recent crash dump file associated with the crash you've reproduced and send it to bogdan@actualtools.com.

Or if it's too big you can use one of the file hosting services (Dropbox, Google Drive for example) to upload the file and provide us a link to it.

Could you also clarify why you think the problem is associated with memory conflict?

Jon Albright

Posted: 02/17/2021 23:56:58

Outlook just freezes and becomes unresponsive (grays out the screen).  I have let it sit there one time for 20 minutes and it never recovered so, I just resigned myself to using taskmanager to kill the process.

I downloaded the reg file but went ahead an modified my registry with the values provided on the screen where the download is obtained.
Am beginning my normal work day so will send you the dump file as soon as it is produced.

As for a memory conflict, it seems to be the most logical cause.  I started testing by rebooting and then ran AWM with all my other office programs and NOT the Lorex application and experienced zero issues for 2 days.  I rebooted again, then ran AWM with the same office apps but loaded the Lorex application in its window and after a couple hours of use, Outlook went south.  Rebooted a third time, ran all office apps AND the lorex app but did not load AWM.  I did not experience any outlook problems for the next 2 days.

Back in the DOS days, when problems like this cropped up, it was either a memory leak from a program or more than one program trying to access the same video memory register(s) and that is why I am leaning towards a memory conflict.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 03/11/2021 14:04:02

Jon,

Sorry for the delay.

Apparently, we need a different kind of dump file, as Outlook doesn't seem to crash. It looks like it just freezes.

Could you next time the problem happens create dump file of the Outlook process: Task Manager > Details tab > right click on the OUTLOOK.EXE process in the list > Create dump file. The "Dumping process" window will appear, and when the file is created it will show the path to the file. Please, send this file to bogdan@actualtools.com.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register