Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «AWM High CPU usage and resulting lag » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 5274

maverick man

Posted: 01/17/2021 17:24:20

I don't recall it being like this prior, or maybe it was because I was using AMM and not AWM, but I am getting high cpu usage and definitely delay/lag in all my windows/taskbars. Latest version, symptoms exist even with all other apps closed.

I've scoured the forums for others having this issue and it seems to be common. I've restarted my PC/reopened the program, uninstalled AWM/reinstalled AMM, and same issue persists. I think I may have not noticed it before when I was running the trial version, but the delay and lag is unacceptable to me. This is also a fresh install of Windows 10. I wonder if my 6c/6t 9600k is not sufficient enough for this program. Maybe I need lots of cores and threads to get no lag?

I think this is one of those things just embedded into the code where the application requires lots of resources to function, not something a simple patch can resolve (as other forum posts alluded to). If you guys ever do an overhaul of the engine or list strict requirements for no lag, I'd be happy to reinstall. Just going to bite the bullet on the purchase and try to find another program to suit my needs.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 01/18/2021 07:06:47

Hello, Maverick man

Thank you for contacting us.

It's not that everyone who uses AWM encounters this type of problems, but some of the users experience one or the other type of performance problems. It seems like one of such problems depends on the hardware, and associated with the large number of CPU cores/threads (we suppose it may happen on the computers with more than four physical cores/logical processors).

We weren't able to reproduce the problem on our computers, so it's not that easy for us to get enough information about the problem and track it down. It would be helpful, if you could provide more details on this problem.

Did the problem start as soon as you started AWM or some time after?

Could you describe more detailed how the "lag" problem manifested itself? Were there delayed reaction to mouse actions? Delayed drawing of the windows? Was the mouse pointer movement slowed down?

I am getting high cpu usage
Do you recall the values of CPU usage - the common CPU usage and CPU usage by processes? What processes had the highest CPU usage values at the moment the problem persisted?

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register