Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register


Topic: «[SOLVED] Inconsistent results in X Windows app , X Windows app running under Cygwin DLL » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 7924
 
Joel
Guest
 
Posted: 08/23/2005 14:32:00
 
 
I'm evaluating your product for use with an X Windows application that I've ported to a desktop running Windows XP Pro. I've accomplished this with the use of the Cygwin DLL. The reason I'm interested in your product is the "Stay On Top" functionality. Where I'm trying to use it is on a Dialog window within one of the main windows of the app. I've created a window rule for the Dialog window, selecting the "Stay on Top" and "Save state and restore..." check boxes. I've
also unchecked the Default Window Rule box. The problem that I'm experiencing is that, from one execution to the next, the button may or may not show up. For instance, the first time I open the Dialog box window the button isn't visible. But, after closing and opening it a number of times, then it shows up. Then, after I close and open it again, it disappears.
 
Top
Michael Tretyakov
Administrator
 
Posts: 61
Joined: 03/16/2005
Posted: 08/24/2005 02:46:17
 
 
Hi Joel,

Thanks for your interest to our programs.

Please send us windows options you used to define Window Rule: Window Class, Window Caption and Program and what options did you activated.

This information can help me. Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,
Michael Tretyakov
Actual Tools http://www.ActualTools.com/
Handy Tools for Windows! Make your day-to-day Windows activities easier and more productive!
 
Top
Guest
Guest
 
Posted: 08/24/2005 12:10:05
 
 
I've sent you a separate e-mail with all of the details.
 
Top
Guest
Guest
 
Posted: 09/02/2005 12:39:06
 
 
Problem solved.
Thanks Michael!! :D  
 
Top
Guest
Guest
 
Posted: 09/23/2005 08:29:00
 
 
It would be nice to post the working settings here since many people could have the same problem... as I do too  :D  
 
Top
Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Moderator
 
Posts: 1427
Joined: 09/30/2005
Posted: 10/19/2005 00:32:14
 
 
Well, the problem's cause in Joel's case is the forward slash "/" used in X Window's class name. This symbol is also used internally by Actual Tools engine, so it becomes confused. The solution is to cut the rest of such invalid window class name including slash and turn on "Substring match" option for window class name if running version is 3.7 (in 3.8 it's always turned on).

For example, window class name is App1_Window2/Mode3. Enter the App1_Window2 into "Window class" field, check it and uncheck "Window caption" and "Program".

Hope this should help.
 
Top


User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0


Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register