Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[FIXED] Directory opus and move window to the previous/next monitor , Actual window manager and Directory opus 12 bug » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 4121

Ralendil

Posted: 12/27/2020 19:19:04

Hello,

I have encuntered a bug with Directory Opus. I precise that the version I use is the pro version (that is a shareware and avalaible as a freeware with the lite version)
I tried to configure a keyboard shortcut to move a window to an other screen.
It works with nearly all programs, except directory opus.

Directory opus encounter also an other glitch with the extra buttons on the titlebar. They appear at first, but after some time they are not visible, but you can use them. As I can use them if I really need, I don't really care about this bug, but I point this one cause maybe it can help understanding the problem.

I tried a different program I was using before trying Actual window manager that is called Dual monitor tools (freeware). With this one, Directory opus can be moved to any monitor screen with a keyboard shortcut.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 01/06/2021 16:26:48

Hello, Ralendil

Thank you for contacting us.

These problems are parts of a known more common problem and the problem has been fixed already. The fix will be available in the next version of Actual Window Manager.

The problem happens if you start AWM and Directory Opus in particular order - Actual Window Manager first and then DO. The problem persists until you exit both applications completely and restart them in the "right" order - first Directory Opus and then Actual Window Manager. In this case Directory Opus windows are processed correctly and the problem shouldn't happen. Please confirm whether this workaround works for you.

Best regards.

Ralendil

Posted: 01/10/2021 17:28:59

Thank you for you r answer.

I tried the workaround and it works.
I will try to create a batch file to start AWM with a delay, or waiting the next version :p

Ralendil

Posted: 01/11/2021 00:27:14

Ok, fixed it with a bat script. Works perfectly.

I have set Dopus to launch immediatly

In the bat script, I entered a 10 second delay, then AWM is launched, then Steelseries  (that I set to be reduced at launch by AWM).

So, thank you for your answer. It has permited to fix it. I will wait for the update, that will permit me to remove the bat script. By the time, I have something that works.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 01/18/2021 01:04:32

Ralendil,

Yes, creating a .bat file is one of the possible workarounds. Thank you for sharing your solution. We'll post here when the new version is released where this problem is fixed.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/13/2021 05:24:21

Hello, Ralendil

You wrote:
I have encuntered a bug with Directory Opus. I precise that the version I use is the pro version (that is a shareware and avalaible as a freeware with the lite version)
I tried to configure a keyboard shortcut to move a window to an other screen.
It works with nearly all programs, except directory opus.

I'm glad to notify you that the subject issue has been fixed and the fix is available in the latest version of Actual Window Manager 8.14.5 and our other products as well.

You can update your program to the latest version (program's tray icon context menu > Info > Check for Updates) or download the latest version manually, install it and confirm the fix.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register