Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Window startup rules applied to already opened windows » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 2346

irvnriir

Posted: 12/07/2020 19:15:22

I've set 2 startup rules for Windows Explorer, 1 for "This PC\UsersFiles" Window Caption, and 2nd -- regex "(?<!.|\n)^(?!This PC\\UsersFiles$(?!.|\n))(.|\n)*" .

When i open other window, the 2nd rule apply . But after i go to `This PC \ UsersFiles` in this window, it is moved again, 1nce, by the 1st rule .

irvnriir

Posted: 12/07/2020 22:34:48

This also happens again after the window stay open for some time .

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 12/10/2020 06:58:41

Hello, irvnriir

Thank you for contacting us.

When i open other window, the 2nd rule apply . But after i go to `This PC \ UsersFiles` in this window, it is moved again, 1nce, by the 1st rule .
It's not a bug but intentionally implemented behavior: Actual Window Manager tracks several changes of caption and re-applies rule, if needed. This was implemented in order for the right settings are applied to windows which change their captions when you open them and whose initial captions differ from the final captions.

We'll consider making this behavior optional, probably for each specific settings, and will post here if such ability is implemented.

This also happens again after the window stay open for some time .
Do you mean this happens for the windows in which you switched to `This PC \ UsersFiles` subsequentally? Or it happens even in windows in which `This PC \ UsersFiles` was initialy open and you didn't switch to other folders?

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register