Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[FIXED] Full screen browser video such as twitch is considered inactive window » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 2986

maverick man

Posted: 11/06/2020 17:59:20

For idle screens, full-screen video players are considered to be active, but full-screen streams/youtube videos are not. I think any video being played, VLC player or browser, should be considered active.

But at the very least, shouldn't my twitch streams be considered active as to not trigger idle screens? I had to increase idle time on screen to not have the screensaver activate, but I think that's a poor workaround. Please fix!

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 11/06/2020 22:38:34

Hello, maverick man

Thank you for contacting us.

I guess this problem is with Chrome or other Chromium-based browser? If yes, then it has the same origin as the "taskbar over a full-screen Chrome window/video" problem – the latest versions of Chromium-based apps are not considered "true" fullscreen by our software due to the Chromium bug, so our software acts like it's not a fullscreen window. You can try Firefox or other non-Chromium browser and see that the feature works correctly with it.

Best regards.

maverick man

Posted: 11/07/2020 05:28:13

Hi,

Thanks for response. The original post was about Firefox in particular. I can confirm now I have tried it on Edge and the same behavior occurs, both on youtube and twitch. Needs fix for sure! Would like to watch streams on OLED without having to change idle timer.

Regards,

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 11/08/2020 23:35:46

I was unable to confirm this problem with the latest version of Firefox neither with YouTube videos nor with Twitch videos. Could you please make sure the problem persists with Firefox, and if it does then specify your version of Firefox and specify the exact number of your Windows build (type winver in the Search field of the Windows Start menu, press Enter. The Window containing the build number will appear).

I have tried it on Edge and the same behavior occurs
It's because Edge is also a Chromium based browser now.

maverick man

Posted: 11/09/2020 12:21:20

My mistake. I have confirmed it works in Firefox. I think I must have confused the reason as to why I switched to Edge in the first place. Edge video playback is the smoothest of all browsers and doesn't drop my frames in PC games on other monitors.

Would still love a fix anyway for my chromium browsers for regular video watching.

Thanks and regards,

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 11/19/2020 14:15:42

Hello, Maverick

But at the very least, shouldn't my twitch streams be considered active as to not trigger idle screens? I had to increase idle time on screen to not have the screensaver activate, but I think that's a poor workaround.
I'm glad to notify you that the problem has been fixed in the latest version of Chrome 87.0.4280.66. Most likely it will be fixed as well in the next version of Edge and other Chromium-based applications having this problem.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register