Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Window popup locations after 8.14.4 update , Window popup locations after 8.14.4 update have changed » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 2836

Jeff Timi

Posted: 10/26/2020 20:44:38

Actual Multiple Monitors 8.14.4
Windows 10, 64-bit

I have 3 monitors. Left & center are external monitors. Right screen is the laptop. The center screen is set to the primary monitor. Before updating to 8.14.4, whenever I opened a new task from the (primary) center monitor, the task window would pop up in the center monitor and I could move it to the left or right monitor as needed. Now, most all new tasks and any subsequent popup windows (like the 'save your work' before exiting popup) are appearing in the right screen (the actual laptop). This is REALLY inconvenient as the windows will also be reduced in size due to the different screen proportions of the laptop. Is there a setting that changed that I can't find?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/27/2020 11:48:22

Hello, Jeff

Thank you for contacting us.

Before updating to 8.14.4, whenever I opened a new task from the (primary) center monitor, the task window would pop up in the center monitor
Did you use the "Move to monitor at startup" action in Default Settings of Actual Multiple Monitors or windows opened this way by themselves?

Could you see what is the "Move to monitor" option of Default Settings set to (AMM configuration module > Window Settings > Default Settings > Startup > Move to monitor).

Best regards.

Jeff Timi

Posted: 10/28/2020 01:41:12

Could you see what is the "Move to monitor" option of Default Settings set to (AMM configuration module > Window Settings > Default Settings > Startup > Move to monitor).

"Move to monitor" is set to 'Primary', which is what my center monitor is configured as. I'll instead set it to 'Exactly specified' and specify the center monitor (which should give me the same results as 'Primary'). I'll let you know. Thanks for the feedback.

Jeff

Jeff Timi

Posted: 10/28/2020 03:33:35

OK, with "Move to monitor" is set to 'Exactly specified' and specify the center monitor seems to be a good work-around. Thanks again.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/28/2020 11:25:18

Jeff,

So, basically the "Move to monitor > Primary" option doesn't work on your computer correctly?

Could you send us your AMM configuration files using the Send to Tech Support tool (AMM configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support)? Change the "To..." address to bogdan@actualtools.com and add a link to this topic in the email.

Were there any other changes in your system around the time the problem started?

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register