Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «taskbar dies after wake up from sleep for unknown reason on monitor #2 , Monitor#2 is a BenQ 24" 1920x1080 G2410HD monitor » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 7717

gubadoy Admin

Posted: 10/18/2020 05:01:27

I just discovered this was happening recently.
Last night to be exact and I was so high I thought I was mistaken.
Until it happened today also, repeatedly.

I am not sure if the task bar is dying or if it is positioning itself below the main monitor taskbar.

So, my system is set to sleep after 1 hour because I have backup jobs running while I sleep or during the day when I am at work.
I never shut down my system unless I HAVE to (power outage).

my monitors are:They are physically configured fr om left to right in the order listed below. (2/1/3)

BenQ 1920x1080 G2410HD monitor #2
Asus 2560 x 1440 MG279Q #1 (MAIN)
BenQ 1920x1080 V2420H #3

I noticed the other day when I had an app open on monitor #2 and I minimize it, the minimize effect went across monitor 2 to monitor #1 and under the monitor#1's task bar. I could see the app below monitor#1's task bar and I thought WTF? Then I looked at monitor#2 and there was no taskbar on it.

I tried to click on the minimize app but of course I was simply clicking on monitor#1's task bar so, even though I could see the app, it stayed where it was and was not restored to monitor#2.

I used alt+tab to restore the app and it DID restore to monitor#2, I minimized again and the same thing happened.

I used the AWM systray icon to deselect task bar on monitor#2 - at which point the app appeared on monitor#1's taskbar.
I then used the AWM's systray icon to re-enable the taskbar on monitor#2.

I restored the app from monitor#1's task bar and it appeared on monitor#1. I moved the app to monitor#2 and minimized at which point everything was working as expected because the taskbar was again on monitor#2.

This repeats every-time Windows goes to sleep and then wakes up.

I have tested this 3 times last night and about 6 times today.

I am in and out of the office all day - I let an hour and 5 minutes pass to ensure windows has gone to sleep, then come to the office to wake up and test and it happens every single time.

I believe the taskbar on the secondary and tertiary monitors are moving to the main monitor when sleep occurs and when the PC is woken up the taskbar for monitor#3 moves to it's proper position while the task bar for monitor#2 stays on monitor#1, under the taskbar for monitor#1.

I'll clean up my desktop so i can take a screen shot of the issue immediately after the PC wakes up next time.

This is more of an inconvenience than anything else but the program is not working as expected, at least not for my particular configuration.

Cheers and Thanks.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/19/2020 09:34:55

Hello, gubadoy

Thank you for contacting us.

I was unable to reproduce the problem.

Are the windows from the monitor 2 also moved to the monitor 1 along with the taskbar upon waking the computer from sleep? Or only the taskbar is moved?

What interfaces you use to connect the monitors to the computer (DVI, HDMI etc.)? Do you connect them to the same graphics card?

Could you swap two BenQ monitors in the display settings (without swapping physical connections) so that the BenQ monitor #3 is to the left of the main monitor and try to reproduce the problem. Will the same happen with the monitor 3? Or will the problem persist for the monitor 2 regardless of its placement, or you get any other result?

Also, specify the values of the "Change the size of text, apps..." option for each monitor. The option is in the system Display settings.

Then could you specify the exact number of your Windows build (type winver in the Search field of the Windows Start menu, press Enter. The Window containing the build number will appear).

Best regards.

gubadoy Admin

Posted: 10/22/2020 04:45:18

Heya Bogdan,

Sorry took so long for reply.

Upon further analysis, the task bar crashes completely I believe. Also, it does not crash every-time it goes to sleep. It DOES crash over night, when the PC  sleeps roughly from approx. 9-11PM to 6-9AM depending on when I go to bed and what time I need to wake up for work next morning.

The last few times it has happened I DID NOT experience the taskbar moving to from monitor 1 to monitor 2 upon sleep and not restore at wake-up. What I did experience was the taskbar on monitor 2 crashing completely, even though when I check the system tray icon menu-Taskbar both monitor 2 and 3 are check to enable the task bars.

It may just be an issue with monitor 2. I have ordered another 2K monitor to replace monitor #2 (in a few months I will get another 2K monitor to replace monitor #3 which is also 1080p).

My experience as a desk-side technician tells me a lot of these issues should go away if I have at least the same size monitors if not exactly the same make/model/size.

Please ignore this thread for now. If I have the issue after i replace monitor @ with the new 2K monitor I'll start another thread and link back to this one.

Thanks,

John

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/24/2020 08:34:43

gubadoy,

I'm not sure whether changing the monitor solves the problem, but anyway, there's still a problem with your current monitor, and this is not how our software should work. So, we're interested in getting more information about the problem. If you have time for this please answer the questions from my previous message.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register