Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[FIXED] Actual Windows Manager title bar turns white , Windows Explorer only » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 10068

John Fougere

Posted: 10/15/2020 06:45:01

Hi everyone.

My issue is visual rather than functional (knock wood twice)  

It only seems to happen in windows explorer windows

I have Windows 10 2004 with all patches up to Oct installed
I use the Windows 10 dark theme with a black color background (no image)
I just installed Actual Windows Manager last night (most recent version downloaded last night)
When I open a Windows Explorer file manager window and it is the active window all is well -the color of the title bar that actual windows manager adds is the same color as my chosen windows 10 accent color (dark grey)
when I click of the window to make it a non-active windfow the actual windows manager added title bar turns white.. the tabs is black and the menu part of the window is black, the part that turns white is that part of the bar that contains the actual windows manager buttons.

I would very much like it if that p[art of the bar remained black or a dark grey like my chosen windows 10 accent color. How can I accomplish this?

Screenshot attached.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/15/2020 17:07:57

Hello, John

Thank you for contacting us.

This problem has been confirmed and it apparently started with one of the recent Windows 10 updates. We'll try to fix it and will post here when it's fixed.

Unfortunately, it seems that there is no workaround for this problem and the title bar of the window will have the correct color again only when we fix the problem.

Best regards.

gubadoy Admin

Posted: 10/18/2020 04:40:47

OK Bogdan, thanks for the update.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 11/26/2021 10:58:41

Hello, gubadoy Admin

You wrote:
When I open a Windows Explorer file manager window and it is the active window all is well - the color of the title bar that actual windows manager adds is the same color as my chosen windows 10 accent color (dark grey)
when I click of the window to make it a non-active windfow the actual windows manager added title bar turns white.. the tabs is black and the menu part of the window is black, the part that turns white is that part of the bar that contains the actual windows manager buttons.

I'm glad to notify you that the subject issue has been fixed and the fix is available in the latest version of Actual Window Manager 8.14.6.1.

You can update your program to the latest version (program's tray icon context menu > Info > Check for Updates) or download the latest version manually, install it and confirm the fix.

Best regards.

Adolfo Gianni

Posted: 03/15/2022 17:04:21

Hi Bogdan, I searched for file explorer issues and found this thread.
I'm running latest build and updated Windows 11 OS, AWM Version 8.14.6.1 and latest NVidia graphics drivers.
My problem is that in Windows 11 if I select the Personalisation>Colors>White setting, the Windows File Explorer menu across the top turns black whilst the tabbed containers remain white. If instead I select the Personalisation>Colors>Dark, the whole of Windows File Explorer window is black as expected, but at least the menu across the top is
usable as shown by the following screenshots. The Windows 11 is a fresh install on which I restored a backup of my AWM V8.14.6.1 on a Windows 10 OS. What other troubleshooting can I do to isolate the issue?
Thanks,
.. Adolfo

User added an image

User added an image

User added an image

User added an image

User added an image

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 04/06/2022 20:11:18

Hello, Adolfo

My problem is that in Windows 11 if I select the Personalisation>Colors>White setting, the Windows File Explorer menu across the top turns black whilst the tabbed containers
This is a known problem. We'll try to fix it and will post here when it's fixed.

For now there are no other ways to avoid the problem except disabling the Tabbed Explorer feature or switching to the dark theme in Windows.

Best regards.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 06/26/2022 10:43:27

Hello, Adolfo

You wrote:
My problem is that in Windows 11 if I select the Personalisation>Colors>White setting, the Windows File Explorer menu across the top turns black whilst the tabbed containers

I'm glad to notify you that the subject issue has been fixed and the fix is available in the latest version of Actual Window Manager 8.14.7.

You can update your program to the latest version (program's tray icon context menu > Info > Check for Updates) or download the latest version manually, install it and confirm the fix.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 2, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register