Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «How to test-drive new version when license expired, before renewing it » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 2281

Corneliu GIURGIU
Advanced user

Posted: 10/14/2020 18:21:55

Hi,

My license included free updates until January 2020. With the new v8.14.4 being released, I'd like to give it a try, and see if the improvements included are worth renewing the license. Please understand I mean no disrespect whatsoever, I am aware of software development lifecycle and how some major changes require a lot of time, but given that this year there has been only one release, and your license model has changed from version based to time/subscriptions based, I'd like to make sure that spending my money is well worth.

Could you please let me know if there is an easy way of doing this? I'm asking because I updated, it notified me that my license is expired, then I rebooted, and now AWM no longer starts unless I renew my license.

Kind regards

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/15/2020 08:24:05

Hello, Corneliu

Thank you for contacting us.

The program should still work 30 minutes a day even if your trial period is expired. Although, this may be not enough to properly try the new version.

The best solution I can suggest to you for now is to create a new Windows user account, log on to this account and install the new version - you should have new trial period in this account.

Best regards.

Corneliu GIURGIU
Advanced user

Posted: 10/15/2020 15:50:36

Hi Bogdan,

I see. Unfortunately probably many of us use AWM on their work PCs and it may not be feasible to create a new account. From your point of view, business or technically wise, would it be detrimental to automatically switch back to a 30 day trial version when this happens? Or at least maybe we could get a 1 day trial, or something similar?

BR

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/16/2020 05:39:51

Corneliu,

From your point of view, business or technically wise, would it be detrimental to automatically switch back to a 30 day trial version when this happens? Or at least maybe we could get a 1 day trial, or something similar?
We think it makes sense too – to provide an ability to get a new trial period in some situations. Not that it's detrimental, more like it's a difficult task technically wise. We'll consider implementing the ability to get a new trial period in some form upon installing a new version of the program.

By the way, have you considered installing the program on your home PC and trying it there? Is it acceptable for you?

Corneliu GIURGIU
Advanced user

Posted: 10/16/2020 07:12:04

Good morning Bogdan,

That's nice to hear.

Well, given the current context, using my personal PC if the only solution for now. I will probably save my config and make some tests over the weekend as time allows, 'cause this week has been hectic at work (I know, software development, riiight?!), so I had little to no time for such "extra activities".

Have a nice weekend

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/13/2021 05:32:27

Hello, Corneliu

You wrote:
From your point of view, business or technically wise, would it be detrimental to automatically switch back to a 30 day trial version when this happens? Or at least maybe we could get a 1 day trial, or something similar?

I'm glad to notify you that the ability to get additional trial period as you install a version that is not covered by your registration code has been implemented in the latest version of Actual Window Manager 8.14.5 and our other products as well. When you install such version you get one third of a usual trial period for the product.

Best regards.

Corneliu GIURGIU
Advanced user

Posted: 02/17/2021 18:17:14

Hi Bogdan,

Awesome, thanks for taking the time to let me know.

Kind regards

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register