Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[FIXED] Audio switcher not working , Actual Monitors audio switcher not working Microsoft Edge » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 4034

Preston Toborg

Posted: 09/30/2020 11:14:38

When I drag a edge tab onto another screen so I can output to those speakers it doesn't change over from the default device. All other applications like Internet Explorer work just fine.

Windows 10 64x
Multiple Monitors: 8.14.3

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/02/2020 16:13:19

Hello, Preston

When I drag a edge tab onto another screen
Are you talking about literally a tab in separate window or about just a single Edge window?

Are you running new Chromium-based version of Edge (version 79 and higher)?

If yes, then for now it's only possible to switch audio device for the Chromium-based Edge via the Application audio manager of AMM (AMM system tray icon context menu > Show application audio manager or the hotkey Win+Alt+A). Please note, that switching works only if you disable the audio sandbox of Edge. You can do this by downloading and executing this registry file.

But please also note that audio service is sandboxed for added security and disabling the sandbox leaves a user open to security risks related to running the audio subsystem unsandboxed. You disable it at your own risk, and you better do it if you're confident in your system's security, for example if you're running good anti-virus software.

We'll try to implement the ability to use other ways to switch audio device for new version of Edge and will post here if they're implemented. But probably there won't be ability to have different audio devices for different Edge windows if you have several of them open.

Best regards.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/13/2021 05:50:33

Hello, Preston

You wrote:
When I drag a edge tab onto another screen so I can output to those speakers it doesn't change over from the default device. All other applications like Internet Explorer work just fine.

I'm glad to notify you that the subject issue has been fixed in the latest version of Actual Multiple Monitors 8.14.5 and our other products as well. The Audio Switcher feature is working correctly in the new versions of Edge if you disable the Edge’s audio sandbox by using the .reg files (links below). You can update your program to the latest version (program's tray icon context menu > Info > Check for Updates) or download the latest version here, install it manually and confirm the fix.

Links to the .zip files containing the .reg files which disable the Edge’s audio sandbox (for current user and for all users in the system):
For current user
For all users

But please note that audio service is sandboxed for added security and disabling the sandbox leaves a user open to security risks related to running the audio subsystem unsandboxed. You disable it at your own risk, and you better do it if you're confident in your system's security, for example if you're running good anti-virus software.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register