Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Startup- Put into Divider tile issue , window jumps out of divider and goes to middle of monitor » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 3263

Douglas Springer

Posted: 09/23/2020 09:10:59

Hello. I specified that a specific window (GoToMyPC) should position into a divider tile upon startup. It positions into the tile briefly (less than a second) then jumps to center of the screen. I've tried specifying a size instead and even just snap to top left corner. It just repositions itself to the center of the screen. When I drag it to the tile after it opens it fills the tile as it should.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 09/29/2020 05:56:33

Hello, Douglas

Thank you for contacting us.

Could you clarify what exactly window of GoToMyPC you're talking about – the Preferences window on the host computer?

Also, please specify the version of Windows you're running on the computer you have this problem on.

Best regards.

Douglas Springer

Posted: 10/04/2020 00:16:10

Hi Bogdan. Thanks for responding.

I'm referring to the client window showing the remote desktop.

I'm using Windows 10 10 Pro 2004 OS build 19041.508

Douglas Springer

Posted: 10/06/2020 22:50:40

Here is a link to a GIF to show how the window briefly pops into place and then shifts to the center at startup

https://imgur.com/XDBiDvY

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/08/2020 20:08:22

Douglas,

I can confirm this behavior of the remote desktop window of GoToMyPC. It seems it places itself in the middle of the screen once the connection is complete.

You're running Actual Window Manager, right? You can use the following solution: create a hotkey to put a window into the divider tile you need and set the key combination for it (AWM configuration module > Hotkeys > Actions > green plus sign icon > Put into Divider tile). Apply the changes and check whether the hotkey works when you use it manually. Then in the specific settings for GoToMyPC window enable the "Run keyboard macro" action and specify the key combination for the "Put into..." hotkey and set the delay for this macro, so that the action is performed after the window moves itself (I tried 1 second - it worked).
You can disable the "Put into Divider tile" action in the settings for GoToMyPC and leave only the "Run keyboard macro" enabled.

Let us know whether you're able to successfully use this solution.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register