Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Top half of window disappears offscreen when maximized , Doesn't happen when Actual windows rollup is disabled » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 5873

John Fougere

Posted: 09/11/2020 21:04:33

I have started a bug report via email but wanted to post here also to see if this is happening to anyone else and if anyone has found a work around/resolution.

And just to get my feelings about modern Operating Systems out of the way (I'm 57 and have a hard time with change: I'm a grumpy older person for sure:-)

I am both a Winblows (7/10) and a Linsucks (insert type/release/flavor here) user. Yes they both blow and they both suck, albeit in different ways. Unfortunately for all of us, they are waaaayyyyy better than any other alternative OS (MacOS and OSX are just bastardized versions of Unix and Linux and therefore also suck) and we're stuck with them. Sigh...

Thanks.
===========My actual post below====================
Hi,

I've tracked this down to Actual Windows Rollup.

First:

Windows 10 2004 build 19041.450 64bit (do people still use 32bit? huh!)
Actual Windows Roll Up version 8.14.3
Star Dock Groupy version 1.41

I have 3 monitors. All with normal physical orientation

Left side - 1920*1080
center -     2560*1440
right side - 1920*1080
Attached some screenshots of this issue.

I have them aligned so that the bottom of the actual screens line up (as opposed to the bottoms of the monitors which DO NOT line up). I just paid for an updated version of Actual Windows Roll Up because apparently the last version is NOT compatible with the Windows 2004 update and neither, apparently, is the updated version I just paid for completely compatible either.

On a positive note - this is the only "bug" I've faced so far with Windows 2004 and Actual Windows Roll Up 8.14.3. Major disaster to me, but most likely minor annoyance to most people.

With Actual Windows Roll Up / Groupy activated and in use:  

When I have a File Explorer window open on the center window and I maximize it - it maximizes as expected
When I have a File Explorer window open on  either the left or right side monitors and I maximize the window the whole windows shifts so that half of it is displayed from the top of the monitor down to halfway. So bottom half of the monitor displays the window UNDER file explorer and FILE explorer appears as half a window with the toolbars off screen.

If I disable Actual Windows Roll Up - all file explorer windows act as they should.
If I disabled Groupy but leave Actual Windows Roll Up active  the file explorer acts as expected.

So far I have discovered that this is either a compatibility issue between Actual Windows Roll Up and either Groupy or Windows 10. Probably Groupy so I am also posting this in the Groupy forum, as is-they way you see it here. Copy/Paste is a wonderful thing.  

Please advise me how to fix this as Actual Windows Roll Up is pretty much unusable in this state.

Thank YOU.
===============================

John Fougere

Posted: 09/11/2020 21:25:23

UPDATE:

I disabled Windows Actual Roll Up also and left Groupy enable. The bug is gone.

So this "bug" only happens when BOTH programs are active and running. Windows 10 2004 seems to be an innocent bystander in this battle.

Thanks,

J

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/20/2020 00:26:19

Hello, John

Thank you for contacting us and sorry for the delay.

The problem has been confirmed – there is a maximized window placement problem on a secondary monitor if the monitor's upper border is higher or lower than the main's border in the display settings. The problem only persists if the "Combine if possible" option is selected for Groupy tabs in the settings and one of our extra title buttons is enabled for the window that's in the group.

We'll try to fix the problem and will post here when it's fixed.

For now you have several workaround options:
1) Use the "Always place above" option for the Groupy tabs
2) Align the monitors by their upper borders
3) Disable the Roll up title button in the settings of AWR (AWR configuration module > Window Settings > Default Settings or particular specific settings (for particular app) > Title Buttons > Roll up).

If you use Groupy only for particular applications, for example only for Windows explorer, you can create specific settings for explorer and disable the button specifically for this application. The point is to avoid of simultaneous presence of our title buttons in an application and the "Always place above" mode tabbing of it by Groupy.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register