Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Loadbridge.exe aimemb64.dll , aimemb64.dll error status 0xc000012f » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 15187

Ryan Weaver

Posted: 09/08/2020 23:20:43

It appears that the loadbridge.exe error for aimemb64.dll is back on Windows 10 (2004) build.

Is it just me or?

Thanks

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 09/10/2020 19:07:03

Hello, Ryan

Thank you for contacting us.

It appears that the loadbridge.exe error for aimemb64.dll is back on Windows 10 (2004) build
Do you mean you had this problem previously? Have you contacted us regarding this problem in the past?

Did this problem start after update to Windows 10 (2004)?

As I can see from quick Google search, there are several users reporting the same problem but with different applications. For some of them, reinstallation of the application in question has solved the problem.

Could you try to uninstall Actual Window Manager then install it again and see whether the problem persists. It won't affect your AWM configuration.

Best regards.

Ryan Weaver

Posted: 09/10/2020 19:40:48

Sorry, I should have included that information.

I too googled the error and found some saying the runtime might need to be updated or the application needed to be reinstalled. Both of which appeared to fix some peoples problem.

I updated the runtime dlls as well as reinstalled the program (rebooting between uninstall and install) all to no avail.

I also can't tell if it's a specific function that triggers it, but the error message pops up every 10-15 minutes and I have to click ok about 10 times before it goes away.

Thanks,
Ryan

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 09/11/2020 20:42:39

Ryan,

Did this problem start after update to Windows 10 (2004)?

Is your Windows account an administrator account or a usual account with limited rights?

What is the installation folder of Actual Window Manager on your computer?

Could you also enable the Platform column in Task Manager "Details" tab (right click any column's title > click "Select Columns" > find the "Platform" column and enable it). Then when the error appears again see in the Details tab what value has the LocalBridge.exe process in the Platform column - 32 bit or 64 bit?

I updated the runtime dlls
Could you clarify what you mean by this?

Ryan Weaver

Posted: 09/14/2020 18:47:53

After the 2004 update, yes.

Limited user account.

Installed in "C:\Users\ryan.weaver\AppData\Local\Actual Window Manager"

LocalBridge.exe shows 64 bit Platform

I updated the Visual C++ runtime libraries.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 09/14/2020 22:24:06

Are you able to get administrator rights for the installation of Actual Window Manager?

Try to use administrator rights to install another instance of Actual Window Manager on your computer. Right click the installation file and select "Run as administrator" and specify installation folder in the Program Files (x86) folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Actual Window Manager by default). Run the program from that folder (ActualWindowManagerCenter.exe file) and see whether the problem persists.

If you don't see the installation folder select dialogue, then start command line as administrator and start the installation from command line using the /dir="x:\dirname" setup parameter. You need to type in command line something like this:

Code
PUSHD "D:\Installation files"
- here you should specify the folder where the installation file is stored on your computer. Then press enter. Then type this and also press enter:

Code
aimsetup.exe /dir="C:\Program Files (x86)\Actual Window Manager"

Let us know the results.

Ryan Weaver

Posted: 09/15/2020 00:11:38

Uninstalled the user installation and rebooted.

Installed with run as administrator, left all defaults. It appears to be working without the error.

However, the installer did not create the startup lnk or start menu lnks for the current user (that's what the default was set for).

Rebooting after installation, launched manually and created startup lnk manually.

An issue with the per user installation?

Thanks,
Ryan

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 09/15/2020 16:34:48

We suspect that the problem is associated with installation to the local user directories as opposed to more trusted directories like Program Files.

Are you sure Actual Window Manager was installed to Program Files (x86) this time?

However, the installer did not create the startup lnk or start menu lnks for the current user (that's what the default was set for).
The shortcuts were created for the admin user, as you've started installation in the "Run as administrator" mode. You can choose the option "Create shortcuts for all users" so that they are created for the local user as well.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register