Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Switching profiles does nothing » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 11462

Maxim Clare

Posted: 08/25/2020 06:02:04

I have created different profiles to switch amongst my monitors, but when I change profiles (via hotkey or manually) my display does not change and nothing happens effectively defeating the purpose of paying for this program or having it on my computer.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 08/25/2020 23:30:18

Hello, Maxim

Thank you for contacting us.

What our program you're running (name, version)?

Could you specify the exact number of your Windows build (type winver in the Search field of the Windows Start menu, press Enter. The Window containing the build number will appear).

Are there monitors with portrait orientation in the profiles? Could you create a profile in which no monitor has portrait orientation and see whether you're able to apply this profile?

What are your monitors and what interfaces you use to connect them to the computer (DVI, HDMI etc.)? Do you use USB video adapters or a docking station to connect the monitor?

Best regards.

Maxim Clare

Posted: 08/26/2020 05:15:55

Actual Multiple Monitors 8.14.3

Windows 10 Version 1902 (OS Build 18362.1016)

All landscape orientation. Monitor display port, a tv display port, and a tv hdmi.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 08/27/2020 01:13:24

Maxim,

Have you tried every way to activate profiles:
- via the configuration module > Multiple Monitors > Desktop Profiles > particular profile > "Activate profile" button
- the hotkey assigned for particular profile (the profile settings in the configuration module > Hotkey section)
- the AMM tray icon context menu > Desktop Profiles
- the desktop context menu > Desktop Profiles

Could you try all these ways to activate profiles and let us know the results.

Could you also send us your AMM configuration files using the Send to Tech Support tool (AMM configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support)? Change the "To..." address to bogdan@actualtools.com and add a link to this topic in the email.

Best regards.

Maxim Clare

Posted: 09/03/2020 05:54:53

Tried and repeated trying each of those ways and none yielded any different results. The program will check different profiles if they are activated, but the display remains the same. Email sent.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register