Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Actual Window Manager Causing Outlook Crash , Outlook crashes since latest windoze upgrade » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 9358

Jon Albright

Posted: 07/11/2020 04:18:54

Ever since the latest Mickeysoft Office 365 updates about a month ago, outlook will frequently crash.  Outlook will run along on its merry way until I right click a folder such as the deleted items folder to empty it.  Outlook will pause, display a totally black popup and then the entire screen goes gray.  The only way to get outlook back is to force it close first.  Outlook is the only program that seems to have this issue.  I have outlook set in its own desktop and have been running it this way for a couple years now with no problems... until now.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/13/2020 21:44:17

Hello, Jon

Thank you for contacting us.

Please specify the exact Outlook version you're running (File > Office Account > About Outlook). Also, specify the version of AWM.

Could you specify the exact number of your Windows build (type winver in the Search field of the Windows Start menu, press Enter. The Window containing the build number will appear).

Could you open Outlook and start Actual Window Manager. Then open the AWM log window (AWM tray icon context menu > Show log window) and check the "Enable logging" option. If logging is already enabled, then click any entry in the log list and select "Clear log". Then reproduce the problem - right click a folder in Outlook, and see whether a new entry appears in the log window at this moment. Tell us what this entry has in the "Rule/Exclusion Name" column.

Also send us your AWM configuration files using the Send to Tech Support tool (AWM configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support)? Change the "To..." address to bogdan@actualtools.com and add a link to this topic in the email.

Best regards.

Jon Albright

Posted: 07/14/2020 05:08:09

The version of Outlook is:  "Microsoft 365 MSO (16.0.13001.20338) 64 bit.
The version of AWM is:  8.14.3
Windows 10 version is:  2004 Build 19041.329

Upon starting Outlook and then starting AWM, the exclusion message is:  System Exclusion - Microsoft Office 2007 Tool Tip.

The Window Class column is:  Net UI Tool Windows

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/14/2020 12:36:01

Jon,

Upon starting Outlook and then starting AWM, the exclusion message is:  System Exclusion - Microsoft Office 2007 Tool Tip.
Does the same entry appear when you right click a folder and Outlook freezes?

Jon Albright

Posted: 07/16/2020 04:44:38

Does the same entry appear when you right click a folder and Outlook freezes?

Bogdan, that is actually when the issue occurs.  I'm not sure if Outlook has an issue with their latest update but in a test, I ran Outlook with and without AWM.  Without AWM, Outlook did not experience this issue for the 2 hours I worked with it.  With AWM, it occurred within a few minutes.  Sometimes thought Outlook will be fine for an hour or more.  One of these really wiley kind of problems.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/16/2020 10:51:06

Jon,

Could you disable Default Settings and specific settings for Outlook in the AWM configuration module (Window Settings > Default Settings/Specific Settings) and see whether the problem persists if no settings are applied to Outlook windows?

Best regards.

Jon Albright

Posted: 07/18/2020 04:05:07

Bogdan,

Could you disable Default Settings and specific settings for Outlook in the AWM configuration module (Window Settings > Default Settings/Specific Settings) and see whether the problem persists if no settings are applied to Outlook windows?

Shortly before I got this response from you, Microsoft pushed out an Office update.  I did make the changes anyway and ran outlook with the disabled settings for an entire day and then today I enabled all the settings.  I have still not experienced the issue dealing with this thread since the update so, I can only guess that it was something in Microsoft's previous update that caused this issue....  Thanks for your attention to this.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register