Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Issues with detecting Windows Class » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 7478

Tom Wolf

Posted: 06/24/2020 21:07:48

Dear support team,

I'm using Actual Window manager 8.14.3.
It seems that there are some issues with detecting the windows classes.

For example "Sandbox:WhatsApp:Chrome_WidgetWin_1" (running the WhatsApp application within Sandboxie) isn't recognized and if I want to use special settings for that it doesn't work and the settings aren't applied.

Best regards

Tom

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 06/30/2020 22:34:40

Hello, Tom

Thank you for contacting us.

Our programs are not supposed to affect sandboxed applications correctly, as sandboxes usually prevent the applications from processing by third-party programs.

But, as I can see, you can apply settings in Sandboxie that will improve compatibility with Actual Window Manager: Sandboxie Control > Configure > Software compatibility. Select "Actual Tools Actual Window Manager" and click Add, or just double click the item in the list, then click OK. After you do this, sandboxed WhatsApp window should be affected by AWM, although with some limitations: the title buttons don't have icons (but have tooltips as you hover mouse pointer over them) and there is no item in the log window for WhatsApp.

Best regards.

Tom Wolf

Posted: 07/01/2020 00:12:47

Hey Bogdan,

thanks for your feedback.
I did the compability check already. That didn't seem to affect the Classes and Title detection within AWM.
It works fine with the .exe file.

But that's my problem. I need to get it work with other settings than just the program path because I need to work with two WhatsApp instances for my work with different settings.

Best regards

Tom

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/01/2020 05:14:02

Tom,

Detecting a sandboxed WhatsApp window by class works, but it seems like it only works if you specify the standard window class value without the Sandboxie prefix ("Chrome_WidgetWin_1" instead of "Sandbox:WhatsApp:Chrome_WidgetWin_1"). Probably, the interaction of third-party programs with sandboxed apps is implemeted this way. We'll look into this and will try to find out.

What are these two WhatsApp instances and what is different about them? Are you running the other one not sandboxed?

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register