New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 1 - 10 of 24
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 | Next | Last 

Topic: «[CONFIRMED, FIXED] Snap not working for DOpus and Thunderbird , Snapping problem » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 47989

M Vladmir

Posted: 06/11/2020 18:05:21

Hello to the developers,
I have just started trial today on Actual Windows Manager (8.14.3) with the intention of buying (if all goes well).
I have noticed 2 tips of apps that do not work correctly with snapping Directory Opus (12.20.8) and Mozilla Thunderbird (68.9.0). What do I mean: those 2 apps do not snap to together or with other apps or with other instances of themselfs (I have more than one Dopus window opened). Because of that, group move and resize is not working  for them.
The snap does however work for those aforementioned apps, if I snap other apps to them (tested with Vivaldi, Actual Windows Manager config window, etc). When I snap other windows to them, if then I keep the other window active, I can use the group resize/move.
Snap to Divider tiles and desktop borders works as expected for both Thunderbird and DOpus.

I don`t think that I am missing an obscure setting somewhere, it seems that those problems are not new (judging by the posts on the forums).
Would you be willing to advice and investigate the problem?
Thank you!

M Vladmir

Posted: 06/11/2020 19:43:58

I would like to add some extra info: the same snap problems seems to affect the Windows UWP apps, including windows own elements (like Windows Settings).
I am using Windows 10 Home, 64 bit with the latest updates to date.

M Vladmir

Posted: 06/15/2020 15:10:52

It seems that Adobe Acrobat DC (2020.009.20067) does not snap to other windows and it is not displaying the title bar buttons. Other windows can snap to it, however.

It will be really nice to get some feedback from the developers. I would like a little bit of an assurance that buying this software would not mean getting stuck with some bugs about nobody cares (nobody that can actually do something about it). After all, I think is reasonably to assume that other (paying) users are affected by this. So acknowledgement of the problem in a forum post, does not really qualify as "technical support" (which would be a paid service), nor does it takes that much time. Not to mention that a trial period is just that: a limited time I get to evaluate the software. Any fixes that would come as a result of my feedback would only benefit the paying customers, so if I decide not to go on and buy the product, I would not get anything out of it, only the developers and the paying customers would benefit. So, why the silence?

M Vladmir

Posted: 06/16/2020 15:11:02

Another bug.
Mirroring not working as expected, meaning: If you choose to do a fullscreen mirroring on the second display, it will just throw that window back to the main monitor after half a second or so. Unchecking the option to do full screen mirroring works as expected (you get the mirror in a window that you can resize and move anywhere you want).

M Vladmir

Posted: 06/16/2020 15:12:01

BTW, I feel like I am talking to the wind here....
Even so, I will use this forum as my personal scratchpad for bug tracking and this will help me make a decision (regarding buying the software or not), when the 60 day trial will be over.
I must say though... I does not feel good to be ignored.

M Vladmir

Posted: 06/17/2020 01:50:11

And another one: "Make the entire window area responsive to dragging/sizing" is not working with Vivaldi browser. If you press the default key shortcut to activate it, when you do a left click, will just throw your cursor to the tab area on top.

And also, virtual desktop function reacts weird when you try to use it. I guess is not compatible with native Windows 10 own virtual desktops?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 06/17/2020 09:57:22

Hello, M Vladmir

Thank you for contacting us.

It may take some time for us to reply on forums, but I assure you, we're trying not to leave anyone's messages not replied.

I have noticed 2 tips of apps that do not work correctly with snapping Directory Opus (12.20.8) and Mozilla Thunderbird (68.9.0).
<...>
the same snap problems seems to affect the Windows UWP apps
The problem with Thunderbird is a known problem and I was able to confirm the same problem with DO and UWP apps. We'll try to fix them and will post in this topic when they're fixed.

It seems that Adobe Acrobat DC (2020.009.20067) does not snap to other windows and it is not displaying the title bar buttons.
Please see the last section of our FAQ and see whether the described solution solves the problem. Let us know the results.

"Make the entire window area responsive to dragging/sizing" is not working with Vivaldi browser.
This is a known problem as well. We'll try to fix it and will post here if it's fixed.

If you choose to do a fullscreen mirroring on the second display, it will just throw that window back to the main monitor after half a second or so.
Please check whether the "Move to Monitor" action at window's startup is enabled in the Default Settings (AWM configuration module > Window Settings > Default Settings > Startup > Move to Monitor). Disable it and see whether the problem still persists.

Best regards.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 06/17/2020 10:17:37

As for the Virtual Desktops - simultaneous use of AWM virtual desktops and Windows native virtual desktops is not recommended as the current implementation doesn't provide the reliable interaction between virtual desktops of AWM and Windows. Do you need to use both of them at the same time?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 06/17/2020 10:25:44

Also, forgot to mention: for me, Snap itself works in Thunderbird, DO and UWP apps. It's just the Group Size action that doesn't work. Are you sure snap didn't work in these apps?

M Vladmir

Posted: 06/17/2020 15:16:15

Thank you very much for replying. I can understand busy. I am glad to hear from you, because even with all the problems I find this software really useful and probably I will end up using it on a permanent basis.
I am also in a hurry today, so I can not do the proper testing, but probably I will be able to provide an answer tomorrow.
Thank you again for taking the time to answer and please accept my apologies for the ill-intentioned on your part, implied by my posts!

Messages 1 - 10 of 24
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register