Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Outlook Scheduling Assistant Doesn't Work with Actual Windows Manager Installed , Actual Windows Manager & Microsoft Outlook » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 17448

Arleigh Hays

Posted: 05/26/2020 20:53:17

Environment:
Windows 10 Pro, v1909, OS build 18363.836
Outlook v2004, build 12730.20270 click-to-run
AWM Version 8.14.3

The Outlook Scheduling Assistant (shows calendars of meeting attendees) quit working May 15, 2020. I worked with our Exchange Administrator and Microsoft Support for several weeks.

On request, I provided a file that shows all the .dlls that are injected inside the Outlook.exe process. On Friday, May 22 Microsoft identified Actual Window Manager as a potential cause.

I uninstalled Actual Windows Manager and was able to access Outlook Scheduling Assistant. I reinstalled AWM and it quit working. I was able to use Scheduling Assistant if I pause AWM. I've been using AWM for a number of years and I really don't want to give it up.

Has this issue been reported to Actual Tools and do you have a fix or work around?

See email fr om Microsoft below.

Sent: Friday, May 22, 2020 4:52 PM
To: Hays, Arleigh <Arleigh.Hays@tylertech.com>; Nelson, Arthur <Arthur.Nelson@tylertech.com>; Crane, Chad <Chad.Crane@tylertech.com>
Cc: Microsoft Premier Support <m365prem@microsoft.com>; Paul Bonrud <paulbon@microsoft.com>
Subject: RE: [Case #:19935831]
Thanks Arthur and Arleigh!

Do you know by chance if you have this software installed on the machine? It’s called UltraMon: https://www.realtimesoft.com/ultramon/. The reason I ask is since my initial email I sent this morning (5/22) introducing myself, I’ve now been aware of a couple cases wh ere some software like this is causing window rendering issues inside of Outlook. One case was exactly like yours wh ere they couldn’t reach the scheduling assistant window, they had this UltraMon software installed and once uninstalled, the issue went away.

The reason for me asking for this Outlook.exe.txt file is because I wanted to see all the .dlls that were injected inside of your Outlook.exe process, see if I can find these UltraMon .dlls. In this case I don’t (however they could have still been present on launch of Outlook). I do see some .dlls that seem very similar to UltraMon in which I’ve highlighted in the table below, coming from Actual Window Manager:

aimemb.dll Actual Window Manager Actual Tools C:\Program Files (x86)\Actual Window Manager\aimemb.dll
pcre32.dll PCRE DLL for Delphi RenatoMancuso.com C:\Program Files (x86)\Actual Window Manager\pcre32.dll

Site for Actual Window Monitor: https://www.actualtools.com/windowmanager/.

I’d recommend uninstalling UltraMon (if present) and Actual Window Manager from this machine, restart the machine, then try to replicate the issue in Outlook. Let me know if you have any questions

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 05/29/2020 22:30:42

Hello, Arleigh

Thank you for contacting us.

There are no known problems similar to what you describe yet.

The Outlook Scheduling Assistant (shows calendars of meeting attendees) quit working May 15, 2020
Do you recall after what events the problem started? Was there an Outlook update around that time? Did you make any changes in Actual Window Manager settings?

Could you describe the problem more detailed? What exactly happens with Scheduling Assistant? Do you mean just nothing happens when you try to open it by clicking the button?

Could you send us your AWM configuration files using the Send to Tech Support tool (AWM configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support)? Change the "To..." address to bogdan@actualtools.com and add a link to this topic in the email.

Best regards.

Greg Bowden

Posted: 07/30/2020 22:02:01

I am having the same problem. In a meeting request when you go to Scheduling Assistant, it does not show you the scheduling Assistant window, where you can see the free/busy information of the attendees, it just shows the meeting details as if you had not clicked on Scheduling Assistant. If you pause in my instance Actual Virtual Desktops then Outlook Scheduling Assistant works properly and you get the correct scheduling window. This happened recently, and may have been an outlook update at some stage. I have limited control of Outlook versions as that is controlled by my IT department. This is quite challenging, and I need to get this fixed quickly as it renders Actual Virtual Desktops un-usable. I am not saying its Actual Virtual Desktops problem necessarily, but it limits my ability to use the product until I can get this fixed.
A

Bogdan Polishchuk wrote:
Hello, Arleigh

There are no known problems similar to what you describe yet.

The Outlook Scheduling Assistant (shows calendars of meeting attendees) quit working May 15, 2020
Do you recall after what events the problem started? Was there an Outlook update around that time? Did you make any changes in Actual Window Manager settings?

Could you describe the problem more detailed? What exactly happens with Scheduling Assistant? Do you mean just nothing happens when you try to open it by clicking the button?

Could you send us your AWM configuration files using the Send to Tech Support tool (AWM configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support)? Change the "To..." address to bogdan@actualtools.com and add a link to this topic in the email.

Best regards.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/31/2020 14:22:14

Greg,

Are you not able to open Scheduling Assistant via "Calendar > double click on particular meeting > Scheduling Assistant" either?

Could you try to open it this way, make a screenshot depicting the problem and send it to bogdan@actualtools.com?

Also, please specify the exact version of Outlook you're running (File > Office Account > About Outlook).

Could you specify the exact number of your Windows build (type winver in the Search field of the Windows Start menu, press Enter. The Window containing the build number will appear).

Also please send us your AVD configuration files using the Send to Tech Support tool (AVD configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support)? Change the "To..." address to bogdan@actualtools.com and add a link to this topic in the email.

Best regards.

Steve Towner

Posted: 11/16/2020 22:56:16

I have the same issue with AMM v8.14.4 on Win 10 (1803).

In Outlook, upon creating a new appointment (or opening an existing one), clicking on the Scheduling Assistant does nothing. Pausing AMM in the tray and repeating works (schedule is shown). If AMM is resumed, the same issue in reverse (stuck in schedule view, unable to change to appointment view).

Steve

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 11/19/2020 15:55:16

Hello, Steve

Please specify the exact version of Outlook you're running (File > Office Account > About Outlook).

Also please send us your AMM configuration files using the Send to Tech Support tool (AMM configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support)? Change the "To..." address to bogdan@actualtools.com and add a link to this topic in the email.

Best regards.

Steve Towner

Posted: 11/19/2020 19:52:55

Bogdan Polishchuk wrote:
Hello, Steve

Please specify the exact version of Outlook you're running (File > Office Account > About Outlook).

Also please send us your AMM configuration files using the Send to Tech Support tool (AMM configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support)? Change the "To..." address to bogdan@actualtools.com and add a link to this topic in the email.

Best regards.

It is Microsoft® Outlook® for Microsoft 365 MSO (16.0.12827.20200) 32-bit

FYI, there is no Help>About. Need to go to File>Office Account>About Outlook.

Steve

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 12/05/2020 06:12:12

Hello, Steve

Sorry for the delay.

I'm still unable to reproduce the problem, although I have slightly different version of Outlook.

Do I understand correctly that the problem happens when you click the "Scheduling" button in the appointment window (see the screenshot)?

Do other buttons in the panel in the appointment window work?

Does the same problem happen in the main Outlook window (the calendar view)?

Best regards.

Steve Towner

Posted: 12/08/2020 20:57:00

Outlook is slightly different. It happens when you open a meeting and access the Scheduling Assistant tab on the ribbon (see pic). The other tabs still work.

Steve

Bogdan Polishchuk wrote:
Hello, Steve

Sorry for the delay.

I'm still unable to reproduce the problem, although I have slightly different version of Outlook.

Do I understand correctly that the problem happens when you click the "Scheduling" button in the appointment window (see the screenshot)?

Do other buttons in the panel in the appointment window work?

Does the same problem happen in the main Outlook window (the calendar view)?

Best regards.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 12/10/2020 05:18:00

Steve,

Are you running the MS Office 365 version of Outlook?

Have you tried to create an exclusion for the Meeting Occurence windows in AMM? As I can see, the "RE: Original Working IO..." specific settigns should be applied to the Meeting Occurence window (you can check it in the menu of the Manage Window Settings title button in the window (the one with the Wrench icon). Could you temporarily disable these settings in AMM configuration module and create an exclusion for the window. In order to exclude this particular type of windows, enable the Caption target window criterion in the exclusion, set the "Meeting Occurence" value (without quotes) and enable the "Substring match" as sub-option for the criterion.

You can create an exclusion directly from the Manage Window Settings title button.

Let us know if excluding the window solves this problem.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register