Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Brave zoom popup , Brave zoom popup filter / exception » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 4691

Chuck

Posted: 05/25/2020 08:14:18

When resizing Brave Browser with ctrl+ mouse wheel, the zoom overlay popup thing is detected as a Brave window.  So I get this giant window with "zoom + - %" overtop the browser window.  When it looses focus, it closes, making it hard to grab the window details.

This is not happening with Chrome, Cent, and Iridium browsers (all chrome)

It resizes that because I have Brave resizing / positioning with
Class Chrome_WidgetWin_1
Caption <off>
Program C:\Program Files (x86)\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\Application\brave.exe

Window Spy (ahk) shows that the zoom area in Chrome and Brave have the same caption, class, and exe.  The zoom window has no caption.  I tried detecting no caption, but on target, setting captions enabled with not text and set for exact match, substr, or regex - did not help.  Also tried using exception with no text.  Maybe there's a better way of detecting "not text in caption" but only for sub-windows.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 05/29/2020 03:07:51

Hello, Chuck

Thank you for contacting us.

Unfortunately, for now there is no way to exclude a window from applying to it specific settings with wider defintion of Target Window (Program or Program+Class) by creating exclusion for it with more narrow definition (Program + Class + Caption).

But you can create new specific settings for this window specifying the same Program and Class parameters but also adding "^$" (without quotes) as Regular expression in the Caption parameter. These specific settings will be applied to the zoom window and maybe some other Brave windows without captions. New specific settings are initially based on Default Settings, so before using them make sure all the unwanted actions are disabled in the new specific settings.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register