Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[FIXED] AMM breaks Flash Player x64bit after Right click (Pale Moon x64bit) » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 16468

Petr Vlacil
Advanced user

Posted: 05/23/2020 21:18:56

Hello,

I am switched now on Pale Moon x64bit version, but when I start any Flash game and then try right mouse click on it and click something in context menu, it break all the plugin-container.exe maybe and I must wait for the not responding table to kill the Flash player.
User added an image
Without AMM I don't have this issue. I tried add plugin-container.exe to exclusions, but this didn't helped.

I have the latest AMM 8.14.3 on Windows 7 PRO x64bit and the latest Pale Moon x64bit 28.9.3 .

Thank you in advance.

In IE and Firefox right click to show context menu works.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 05/29/2020 02:15:54

Hello, Petr

Thank you for contacting us.

Could you see whether the problem is associated with the AMM Audio Switcher feature. Temporarily disable the Audio Switcher and see whether the problem persists (AMM configuration module > Multiple Monitors > Audio Switcher > uncheck the "Enable Audio Switcher" option). Let us know the results.

If the problem still persists could you send us your AMM configuration files using the Send to Tech Support tool (AMM configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support)? Change the "To..." address to bogdan@actualtools.com and add a link to this topic in the email.

Best regards.

Petr Vlacil
Advanced user

Posted: 05/29/2020 04:59:54

Bogdan Polishchuk : Yes, the problem still persist even if I disable AMM Audio Switcher. So I will send you configuration files.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 05/29/2020 16:00:43

Petr,

The problem has been confirmed. It's associated with the "Make the entire window area responsive to dragging/sizing" feature. We'll try to fix it and will post here when it's fixed.

Do you use this feature? You can temporarily disable it to avoid this problem (AMM configuration module > Mouse > Drag and scroll > Make the entire window area responsive...).

Or you can try to use some other browser to play flash games. As I can see, the problem doesn't persist with all browsers. For example it doesn't appear in Chrome, Firefox and Opera.

Best regards.

Petr Vlacil
Advanced user

Posted: 05/29/2020 22:28:54

Yes, with uncheck Mouse > Drag and scroll > Make the entire window area responsive it works now in Pale Moon x64bit.
And yes, as I said, in Firefox or IE right click context menu on flash works.

So, what Make the entire window area responsive do? Is it necessary function? I think, that I don't use this.

Alex Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 05/30/2020 18:03:37

Petr,

This function allows to drag/resize a window by its any point, not only title bar/sizeable frame.

Please could you check the following: enable this function back again, then right-click the Flash player to invoke its context menu, then select a menu item not by mouse left-click but using the arrows/Enter keys instead. In my tests, using keyboard does not hang the Flash player, what's about your side?

Petr Vlacil
Advanced user

Posted: 06/01/2020 16:16:02

Alex Fadeyev : Yes, with keyboard (arrows + enter) works too.

Petr Vlacil
Advanced user

Posted: 07/26/2020 11:32:14

Hmm, strange. Now I am switched to Firefox ESR 78.0.2esr , where I have similar issue with Flash Player. Flash player freeze all the browser (same as in Pale Moon) , but only one time in open session and always after start any Flash content (I must go to Task Manager and kill plugin-container.exe proccess , then after 1-2 tries works) With disabled Make the entire window area responsive too :-/ .

Without AMM I don't have this issue.

For example here http://manhetn.info/poradna/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=281&p=288#p288 , click on Spustit Hru and allow the Flash player.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/28/2020 18:17:44

Petr,

Now I am switched to Firefox ESR 78.0.2esr , where I have similar issue with Flash Player. Flash player freeze all the browser (same as in Pale Moon)
The problem has been confirmed. We'll try to fix it and post in this topic when it's fixed.

The problem persists only for 64-bit recent versions of Firefox and it happens only when there are AMM extra title buttons in the Firefox window.

As I can see, Firefox window freezes when the plugin-container.exe process appears if the Firefox window is active at the moment. For example, If you click the Refresh button for the page and Firefox hangs, then when you kill the plugin-container.exe via the Task Manager and don't activate the Firefox window right away, the plugin-container.exe starts again (due to the ongoing refresh process) and the flash element is loaded correctly.

Best regards.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/13/2020 01:41:30

Hello, Petr

You wrote:
I am switched now on Pale Moon x64bit version, but when I start any Flash game and then try right mouse click on it and click something in context menu, it break all the plugin-container.exe maybe and I must wait for the not responding table to kill the Flash player.

I'm glad to notify you that the subject issue (both with Pale Moon and Firefox) has been fixed and the fix is available in the latest version of Actual Multiple Monitors 8.14.4 and our other products as well.

You can update your program to the latest version (program's tray icon context menu > Info > Check for Updates) or download the latest version manually, install it and confirm the fix.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register