Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Ignore deactivation, controller on one screen, mouse on the other? » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 6937

Shakes Beer

Posted: 05/08/2020 15:08:20

I am trying this program and I cant seem to get this to work.

My niece is trying to play yooka layleee on my second monitor while I can use my mouse and my first monitor to surf and stuff while she plays.

Normally without this software it just wont let me, as soon as the mouse is moved to the first monitor and clicked it minimizes the game, thats why I am trying this software.

Sooo, I installed the trial of this program and made a specific profile using the window sel ect and checking always ignore activation. I learned this fr om another post I found on here.

So now the game doesnt minimize anymore but as soon as I move the mouse off the game screen the controller wont work anymore. If I move the mouse back to the game screen the controller works again.

Is this not possible?

Shakes Beer

Posted: 05/09/2020 01:09:36

Is there any support here? Place seems dead.

Syrinx

Posted: 05/11/2020 04:57:55

It's the weekend so you may get some official support after the week resumes. In the mean time I will say I haven't actually tried using AWM that way but off the top my head I doubt it will do what you want (Don't get me wrong I don't know every nook and cranny and often find new ways to use it).

I do remember trying something like what you seem to want back in day and there were very few softwares available to do it. I *think* the one that worked for me was called TeamPlayer. Doing a google search brought up this page though. https://www.raymond.cc/blog/install-multiple-mouse-and-keyboard-on-one-computer/ It might help steer you toward other candidates.

Shakes Beer

Posted: 05/13/2020 00:37:13

Syrinx wrote:
It's the weekend so you may get some official support after the week resumes.

Whats your excuse now? lol

Syrinx

Posted: 05/13/2020 05:20:15

I wasn't aware I required an excuse to attempt and help you.

Sure they may have taken longer then initially expected (but I will say they tend to get it closer to the correct mark instead of the fastest mark) by not responding right away!

Yet here you are...attempting to incite an argument instead of bothering to look at or test the suggestions or even giving feedback on my attempt to help you.
No, it's rather telling in of itself that you default to an argument on the time table of *official* forum support...ignoring my very real attempt at aiding you! [Oh hey, I tested this or that but still not want I wanted, yo]

Good luck trolling..I won't be wasting my time on you or your other account any further.

Instead I'll go off into my corner and /cry so I'd suggest you savor this short sided victory then go /laugh with yourself at your not so 'complete and stable' genius arguments.

Alex Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 05/15/2020 01:20:34

Shakes Beer,

Sorry for a late reply.

So now the game doesnt minimize anymore but as soon as I move the mouse off the game screen the controller wont work anymore. If I move the mouse back to the game screen the controller works again.

Our programs do not treat input devices other than mouse in any special way. So, in your case, the controller handling logic is solely done by the game. Ignore deactivation in its nature is an experimental feature that is not guaranteed to work in all possible cases. Obviously, in your case it's not enough to force the game window stay active to keep the controller operational because due to some unknown reasons the developers of the game in question decided to ignore controller manipulations if the mouse is not within the game window (sounds strange to me, BTW). Probably, there is an option in the game settings that may change this behavior, did you check it out?

Alex Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 05/15/2020 01:25:21

Syrinx, many thanks for your friendly hand of support! :)

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register