Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Obscure issue with AudioSwitcher , when used within firefox launched via runas » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 4700

Syrinx

Posted: 01/16/2020 05:17:06

Actual Window Manager 8.14.3
Firefox ESR x64 68.4.1
Windows 10 x64 (1809)

----------------------

I've verified that the dll is injected and everything else seems to work as expected, eg I can make the window transparent, adjust the position of the AWM commands etc.

However when trying to change the audio playback device there is a small delay (stop) in audio as it tries to switch and the AWM audio menu shows a check next to the desired device but it actually continues to play on the original one. Windows 'App volume and device preferences' reflect it still playing on the (Default) device and switching the audio through there works as expected but it's not nearly as convenient as AWM!

The AWM Audio switcher does work on other programs I launch this way so it appears to be related specifically to firefox (esr?). As a test while trying to troubleshoot myself I also ran firefox under the same account and when done that way the audio switcher did function as expected.

----------------------

Steps to reproduce:
Login under the built in Administrator Account (May need to enable it first)
Create a standard user account, eg 'Test'
Make sure 'Switch audio playback to device is set' under firefox rule
use runas to launch firefox under standard user 'Test' account.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 01/21/2020 18:26:27

Hello, Syrinx

Thank you for contacting us.

The problem has been confirmed on Firefox ESR x64 68.4.2 and also on Firefox 72.0.2.

We'll try to fix it and will post in this topic if it's fixed.

Best regards.

Syrinx

Posted: 08/21/2020 02:44:12

Just wanted to update this thread to let you know that the problem seems to have been solved between revisions of firefox. Using firefox 79 the switcher works as expected with AWM 8.14.3!

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 08/24/2020 23:06:39

Syrinx,

Thank you for the information.

I can confirm that the problem doesn't persist anymore with the latest vesion of Firefox (although, the Windows 10 version is also different now). Let's hope that the problem doesn't return.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register