Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Incompatibility with UltraCompare , Title bar buttons lead to unexpected behavior » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 17112

Max

Posted: 01/01/2020 20:40:59

Hi,

I realized, there's a problem with AWM (explicitly the title bar buttons) and UltraCompare.

If any title bar buttons are enabled (I'm using the Roll Up and Stay On Top buttons), and I start a text comparison, the comparison is done over and over again, which makes comparing text files and taking over changes.
If I disable the buttons, I can work as expected.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 01/14/2020 08:36:02

Hello, Max

Sorry for the delay in replying. We had a break due to holidays.

I was unable to reproduce the problem with the latest version of UltraCompare v20.00 64-bit and the latest version of AWM 8.14.3.

What versions of the programs you're running?

Do you mean that what happens is like if you constantly click the "Refresh" button in UltraCompare?

What version of Windows you're running?

Best regards.

Max

Posted: 01/15/2020 03:33:46

Hello,

no problem. I hope you enjoyed a nice holiday.

I'm also testing with UltraCompare 20 on Win 10, 1909 x64.
Yes, it's like clicking the refresh button which reloads the compared files and restarts the comparison.
I'm comparing larger text files and this is pretty disturbing.

- I open UltraCompare
- I open text files in the left and right window
- Without any further action, the files reload every 5 seconds

If I define an exception for the UltraCompare window and disable the title bar buttons, this doesn't happen

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 01/15/2020 14:06:15

Max,

What is the hotkey for Refresh action in your settings of UltraCompare (File > Settings > Key Mapping > Refresh)?

Does the problem persist if you change the Refresh key combination to some other keys?

Could you send us your AWM configuration files using the Send to Tech Support tool (AWM configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support)? Change the "To..." address to bogdan@actualtools.com and add a link to this topic in the email.

Best regards.

Max

Posted: 01/16/2020 04:15:23

Hi,

the hotkey was set to F5, changing the hotkey didn't change the behavior.

I'm not really sure if you should invest such a lot of time to investigate this issue, if it's specific to my configuration. I've set an exception rule and can use the functions to set the window on top or roll it up via the window menu. This is an acceptable workaround for me.

Kind regards,
Max

Steve Redden

Posted: 02/17/2020 05:53:04

thanks for the suggestion to create the exclusion rule.  I was having the same issue with the refresh.  driving me nuts!  glad I found this post.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/17/2020 22:37:20

Hello, everyone

Do you mind sending us your configuration files of Actual Tools program? We need to investigate this problem, but it seems to depend on particular settings of the program.

If you don't mind, please send us your Actual Tools program's configuration files using the Send to Tech Support tool (Actual Tools program's configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support)? Change the "To..." address to bogdan@actualtools.com and add a link to this topic in the email.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register