Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[FIXED] AWM 8.14.3 Not Auto Switching to Browser Again , No auto Browser Switching » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 8380

Jolly Wykoff

Posted: 12/31/2019 06:55:58

Earlier this year, I was having an issue with AWM not autoswitching to my firefox browser when I click on a link in another program. Email, for instance. That was corrected.  Now, after upgrading to AWM 8.14.3, I am again having the same issue. When I click on a Brower Link in my thunderbird email, I am not switched automatically to my browser in another virtual desktop.  
Anyone else seeing this?

Jolly Wykoff

Posted: 01/01/2020 08:28:24

I installed AWM 8.14.2 over 8.14.3.  That fixed the problem.
So there is something in AWM 8.14.3 that broke auto switching fr om one virtual windows (like email) where a browser link is clicked to then auto switching to the virtual window wh ere the browser is running.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 01/14/2020 07:56:42

Hello, Jolly

Sorry for the delay in replying. We had a break due to holidays.

I was unable to reproduce the problem with the latest version of Firefox 72.0.1 (64-bit).

What version of Firefox you're running?

What mode of the Virtual Desktops feature you use - Classic or Independent?

Does the problem also happen when you click a link in other programs besides Thunderbird, for example in MS Word?

Could you send us your AWM configuration files using the Send to Tech Support tool (AWM configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support)? Change the "To..." address to bogdan@actualtools.com and add a link to this topic in the email.

Best regards.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 01/14/2020 09:13:28

Jolly,

Ignore the questions in my previous message, we were able to confirm this problem in Windows 10. The "Auto-switch desktops" feature in the latest version of AWM doesn't work in Windows 10. We'll try to fix it and will post in this topic when it's fixed.

Best regards.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/13/2020 00:30:29

Hello, Jolly

Now, after upgrading to AWM 8.14.3, I am again having the same issue. When I click on a Brower Link in my thunderbird email, I am not switched automatically to my browser in another virtual desktop.

I'm glad to notify you that the subject issue has been fixed and the fix is available in the latest version of Actual Window Manager 8.14.4 and our other products as well.

You can update your program to the latest version (program's tray icon context menu > Info > Check for Updates) or download the latest version manually, install it and confirm the fix.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register