Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Hiding a minimized program from task view » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 11325

Mustafa Vohra

Posted: 12/13/2019 19:17:49

Hello

I use minimized to screen feature on my touch screen for a few apps. I keep it permanent and thus like to use it as a toggle button. Is it possible to hide such a minimized program from appearing in the task switcher/Alt-tab.

I tried to remove taskbar entry but nothing happen.
I tried to pin to the desktop but it hides the program content in task switcher but the actual program is visible in the task switcher/Alt-tab.

Is it possible to completely hide a program from task switcher/alt-tab and only be controlled by minimized to screen icon?

Thanks

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 12/18/2019 21:01:50

Hello, Mustafa

Thank you for contacting us.

What version of Windows you're running? "Remove taskbar entry" doesn't remove a window from the task switcher in Windows 7, but "Pin to desktop" should remove a window from the task switcher in any version of Windows.

it hides the program content in task switcher but the actual program is visible in the task switcher/Alt-tab.
Could you send a screenshot? Do you not like that the windows are displayed as part of Desktop in the task switcher when they're pinned to desktop?

Also, could you specify the applications you were unable to remove from the task switcher by using "Pin to Desktop" (name, version)?

Best regards.

Mustafa Vohra

Posted: 12/20/2019 12:54:19

I am using Windows 10. I like to use ONENOTE uwp (Latest version) minimized to screen and use it as a toggle button (I have a touch screen). I want to remove its taskview entry (I want to use two other app for alt-tab/task view and use onenote only when I want it using the toggle button on the screen, hence want to remove its task view/alt-tab entry). Pinto the desktop is not working for OneNote. Even for a few other UWP app and window sticky notes.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register