Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Actual Windows controls hidden behind browsing tabs , Using Chrome, tabs overlay Actual Windows control » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 16302

Peter Beaven

Posted: 10/03/2019 01:33:50

As shown in the attached screen capture, Chrome's browsing tabs overlay the button controls used by Actual Window Manager (AWM), making it difficult to navigate. Often, the same screen position for the "swap monitors" command in AWM is used for the New Tab plus sign.

Using Actual Window 8.14.1, Windows 10, 64-bit, Chrome Version 77.0.3865.90 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/04/2019 07:36:41

Hello, Peter

Thank you for contacting us.

This is a known problem and it has been already fixed. The fix will be available in the next version of Actual Window Manager 8.14.2, which we're going to release very soon.

For now you can use the Compact view mode for title buttons in Chrome as workaround. You need to enable it in specific settings for Chrome in the configuration module of AWM (AWM configuration module > Window Settings > Specific Settings > specific settings for Chrome > Title Buttons > Compact view).

Best regards.

Petr Vlacil
Advanced user

Posted: 10/05/2019 23:38:22

I have similar problem on Palemoon browser and Actual Multiple Monitors. I can fix that via UserChrome.css (set margin from right) file in my Palemoon profile, but I would be happier if this fixed by AMM. Looks like that browser ignoring AMM buttons except classic Windows buttons (minimize, maximize, close) .
I have the latest version 8.14.1 AMM on Windows 7 PRO x64bit . And the latest version Palemoon browser 28.7.1 (32bit) .

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/10/2019 19:38:09

Hello, Petr

Do you use some custom theme for Pale Moon?

How were you able to put the icons on the title bar? Are these icons of some extensions?

How do you expect AMM title buttons and Pale Moon icons to share the title bar space? Do you think the Pale Moon icons should be shifted to the left?

Best regards.

Petr Vlacil
Advanced user

Posted: 10/12/2019 02:29:57

Bogdan Polishchuk: I have only set Tabs on top and you can have there any buttons from Edit layout menu (Preferences - Toolbar Layout) , and you can move any icon to the tittle bar.

In Firefox I see there is small arrow button to show all AMM buttons, in Palemoon not, there are all AMM buttons over the Palemoon layout (buttons, tabs, ... ) .

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/15/2019 23:41:08

Petr,

In Firefox I see there is small arrow button to show all AMM buttons, in Palemoon not, there are all AMM buttons over the Palemoon layout (buttons, tabs, ... ) .
The problem with title buttons in Pale Moon has been confirmed. It's associated with peculiarity of the Pale Moon window and it should be fixed separately from the similar problem in Chrome. We'll try to fix it and will post in this topic when it's fixed.

For now as workaround you can create specific settings for Pale Moon in AWM and enable permanent compact view mode for title buttons (AWM configuration module > Window Settings > Specific Settings > specific settings for Pale Moon > Title Buttons > Compact view).
In this section of Online User Manual you can learn about how to create specific settings for a window.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register