Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[FIXED] Misaligned 'Locate Target Window' Icon , Wherever there is an action to align a window to specific position. » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 9439

MainTrane

Posted: 09/23/2019 21:12:34

I recently upgraded from 8.10 >> 8.14.1 to find that there is a GUI error wherever the option to align a window is present as an action. The locate target window icon is overlapping the drop boxes for positioning the window.

See Below:
User added an image

This issue shows up in the aligning choices @
  • window menu
  • title buttons
  • mouse > actions
I'm sure it's present wherever else that same alignment choice is offered.

Windows 7 Pro (SP1) 64-bit
Actual Window manager 8.14.1
Intel Core i7-960 @ 3.2GHz
24GB (6x4GB) RAM
Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 09/28/2019 01:18:03

Hello, MainTrane

Have you tried to restart the program after you had started it for the first time after upgrade? Does the problem persist?

Are there any similar problems in other sections of the configuration module where the crosshair element is presented (particular Specific Settings > Target Window; Multiple Monitors > Mirroring; Size section of particular Specific Settings)?

Do all elements containing the crosshair in the section "Position" of specific settings have this problem?

If the problem still persists, could you exit the program, then go to "%appdata%\Actual Tools\Actual Window Manager" folder and rename the UIPreferences.ini file – just add 1 or other symbols to the name, so that you could restore the file later. Then start the program and see whether the problem persists.

Best regards.

MainTrane

Posted: 09/28/2019 03:36:48

No Bogdan; the other locations you questioned display the target crosshair without the error. I have restarted both AWM and my PC several times and the problem still persists.

Forceably refreshing/recreating the UIPreferences file had no effect on the described problem.

Hope this helps narrow down the issue.

Thanks for your attention, Jermain.

24GB (6x4GB) RAM
Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/04/2019 05:26:15

MainTrane,

Could you send us your AWM configuration files using the Send to Tech Support tool (AWM configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support)? Change the "To..." address to bogdan@actualtools.com and add a link to this topic in the email.

What is your system DPI setting (percentage value 100%, 125% or 150%, can be found here: System Display Settings > Make text and other items larger or smaller)?

What are the font settings - Font Name and Size - in AWM configuration module (Options > User Interface > Font)?

Best regards.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/11/2019 14:37:32

MainTrane,

I recently upgraded from 8.10 >> 8.14.1 to find that there is a GUI error wherever the option to align a window is present as an action. The locate target window icon is overlapping the drop boxes for positioning the window.
The problem has been confirmed.

It's caused by increased font size in the settings of Actual Window Manager (AWM configuration module > Options > User Interface > Font Size) – the problem persists with size values beginning from 9 and higher.

We'll fix the problem and will post in this topic when it's fixed. If the problem disturbs you then you can change the font size to 8 until the fix is available.

Best regards.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/30/2019 14:56:41

Hello, MainTrane

You wrote:

I'm glad to notify you that the subject issue has been fixed and the fix is available in the latest version of Actual Window Manager 8.14.2 and our other products as well.

You can update your program to the latest version (program's tray icon context menu > Info > Check for Updates) or download the latest version manually, install it and and confirm the fix.

Best regards.

MainTrane

Posted: 10/30/2019 19:26:24

Thank you all for the information. After processing the update the necessitated areas have clearly been through optimization, there is no need for distress as it is possible the relevant fields' coding had a steep grade of omissibility.

Kind furrow & discourse through the anguish of that which passes.

Updated to: 8.14.2

24GB (6x4GB) RAM
Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search