Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Firefox causes Actual Multiple Monitors to crash » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 6247

Stefan Sundbeck

Posted: 08/23/2019 07:45:50

Newer versions of Firefox causes AMM to crash; I have to add Firefox to the excluded programs list in AMM configuration for the programs to coexist. Older version of Firefox doesn't cause this problen (v <= 56.0.2). This means I cannot use any of AMM's functions in Firefox, which is very annoying as I have 4 screens attached to my machine (2 Flat monitors, 1 projector, 1 TV).

This only occurs in Windows 7, not in Windows 10

Actual Multiple Monitors 8.14.1
Windows 7 64bit
Firefox 68.0.2

Alex Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 08/28/2019 20:20:12

Stefan, I've failed to reproduce the reported issue with the same version of Firefox and AMM.

Please provide more details:

1) what exactly happens when you start Firefox if it's not excluded? Is it crashed or does it crash AMM? If it crashes AMM then which AMM process exactly gets crashed?

2) do you have any extensions installed in your Firefox?

Also, please try to do the following (one-by-one) and see if any suggestion fixes the issue:

1) open a new Firefox tab, type about:config in its address bar, then type drawint in the Search box, and change the "browser.tabs.drawInTitlebar" flag to False (simply double click the line)

2) disable all extra title buttons in the "Mozilla Firefox" specific window settings

3) disable the Audio Switcher facility (open AMM configuration, go to the "Multiple Monitors - Audio Switcher" panel, clear the "Enable Audio Switcher" check box, and click Apply)

Thank you!

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register