Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[FIXED] Email Link not switching to browser window , Email link not switching to browser window » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 6894

Jolly Wykoff

Posted: 08/04/2019 05:42:39

I use Firefox and Thunderbird. I user Actual Window Manager (Ver 8.14.1). I run 64bit Win 10 latest update.
This problem is recent.

The problem is that Recently when I click on a hyperlink in Thunderbird, the link opens in Firefox, but I am not automatically switched to the firefox screen. If AWM is not running, I am switched to the Firefox screen. Anyone know a solution for this?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 08/04/2019 22:26:31

Hello, Jolly

Thank you for contacting us.

What versions of Thunderbird and Firefox you're running?

Do you mean this happens when Firefox is already open or when it opens as you click a link, or in both cases?

Does the problem also persist if you click a link in other application, not Thunderbird? For example in Word or Outlook?

Do you apply any z-order related features to Firefox or Thunderbird such as "Stay always-on-top" or "Send to bottom"?

Could you send us your Actual Window Manager configuration files using the Send to Tech Support tool (AWM configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support). Change the "To..." email address to bogdan@actualtools.com and add a link to this topic in the email.

Best regards.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 08/07/2019 17:13:56

Jolly,

The problem is that switching to the virtual desktop containing Firefox doesn't happen although it should as the "Auto-switch desktops" option is enabled (the option enables auto switching to a virtual desktop when a window activates on that desktop).

The problem has been confirmed. It seems that the option stopped to work in the version 8.14 for all applications not only Firefox or other browsers. We'll try to fix it and will post in this topic when it's fixed.

Best regards.

Jolly Wykoff

Posted: 08/22/2019 03:44:32

Any progress towards fixing this problem?
thanks

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 08/29/2019 17:10:28

Hello, Jolly

We'll try to fix this problem before the next update which we're going to release soon, maybe the next week or later.

Best regards.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/30/2019 11:56:31

Hello, Jolly

You wrote:
The problem is that Recently when I click on a hyperlink in Thunderbird, the link opens in Firefox, but I am not automatically switched to the firefox screen.

I'm glad to notify you that the subject issue has been fixed and the "Auto-switch desktops" option works correctly in the latest version of Actual Window Manager 8.14.2 and our other products as well.

You can update your program to the latest version (program's tray icon context menu > Info > Check for Updates) or download the latest version manually, install it and and confirm the fix.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register