Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «the Agony (bug Win7) , a bug affecting taskbar size » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 5312

Bilal Bin Saeed

Posted: 07/18/2019 16:11:42

Hi,

I am in absolute pain for this particular little bug is able to crawl through my skin and into my head.

So here is a 35-sec 92mb shaky video of the issue:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/g577Rzfvy4pHT1zD8

Basically when my vintage Win7 boots and fires AMM, the taskbar on my third screen, which is a vertical bar left of the screen, is shrunk to half its originally configured size (width in this case).

Fixing it simply takes a right-click to open context menu, and toggling 'Lock the taskbar'.

After it has magically returned to its configured size, a small line can be seen behind the start button where the edge of the shrunk/half-sized taskbar used to be. See: https://photos.app.goo.gl/hkaEFXcpvYxCkP2i9

Could the wizards at Actualtools please find the right spell to heal my agony of having to click twice every the few times I see my old man boot? Can't recall if this is also the case when returning from Sleep/Hibernation. Will observe and update.

Running: Win 7 Pro x64 6.1.7601 SP 1 Build 7601, AMM version 8.13.3

- Bilal

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/24/2019 09:29:06

Hello, Bilal

Does the problem repeat if you restart Actual Multiple Monitors during the same Windows session after you fix the taskbar?

Could you try to place the taskbar in the bottom of the monitor, enable the "Lock the taskbar" option, restart AMM and see whether the taskbar returns to the left position and reduced size and whether it returns to the bottom when you disable the "Lock the taskbar" option?

a small line can be seen behind the start button where the edge of the shrunk/half-sized taskbar used to be
Does this line persist if you try to change the taskbar width after you disable the "Lock the taskbar" option?

Could you send us your AMM configuration using the "Send to Tech Support" tool (AMM configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support). Change the "To..." email address to bogdan@actualtools.com in the email and add a link to this topic to the email.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register