New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 1 - 10 of 15
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

Topic: «AMM 8.14.1 Mouse Lag dragging windows across monitors » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 55716

carbon248

Posted: 07/16/2019 01:50:26

I've searched the forum and nothing. Upgraded from 8.14 to 8.14.1 hoping this would be resolved but no change.

The fix is to go exit AMM and launch it again to get rid of the lag. Or go to AMM>Tools>Control Center than Pause than resume and problem will go away for a short time and than the lag appears again.

Very frustrating. Older version 8.12 did not have this issue.

On Win 10 build 1809.

Help.

carbon248

Posted: 07/16/2019 01:53:00

I should add I've also checked and "Display current window position while moving.. and resizing.." are both not checked so i was hoping that was the fix but no go.

Please fix this as it makes using AMM unusable with this type of lag across multiple monitors.

Another trick is to reduce the Mouse DPI down to under 1000, setting it at 250 makes no difference after a while, this is isolated to AMM being the problem.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/16/2019 07:15:36

Hello, carbon248

Is there a general lag when dragging windows, even within a single monitor, or it happens only when you drag windows across monitors?

Do lags persist upon opening/closing/minimizing/maximizing windows or only upon dragging?

What version of AMM you've noticed the problem with first?

Could you open the Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc), switch to Details tab, sort processes by CPU consumption, descending, then reproduce the problem and see whether the highest CPU consumption values by processes change. What processes have the highest values of CPU consumption?

Could you disable the mouse-oriented options: AMM configuration module > Mouse > Drag and Scroll (all options), Multiple Monitors (Tight Monitor Boundaries and Wrap the Desktop). Also AMM configuration module > Multiple Monitors > Screen Saver > Save Idle Screens > Start automatically. Apply the changes and see whether the problem still persists. Let us know the results.

Best regards.

carbon248

Posted: 07/16/2019 07:42:54

Is there a general lag when dragging windows, even within a single monitor, or it happens only when you drag windows across monitors?
It happens with a single monitor as well. If AMM is running after a while this lag occurs.

Do lags persist upon opening/closing/minimizing/maximizing windows or only upon dragging?
Only upon dragging windows

What version of AMM you've noticed the problem with first?
I noticed it with 8.14 and updated to 8.14.1 hoping it would be resolved but it is still an issue.

Could you open the Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc), switch to Details tab, sort processes by CPU consumption, descending, then reproduce the problem and see whether the highest CPU consumption values by processes change. What processes have the highest values of CPU consumption?
System Idle and dwm & system interrupts take up the majority of cpu consumption

Could you disable the mouse-oriented options: AMM configuration module > Mouse > Drag and Scroll (all options), Multiple Monitors (Tight Monitor Boundaries and Wrap the Desktop). Also AMM configuration module > Multiple Monitors > Screen Saver > Save Idle Screens > Start automatically. Apply the changes and see whether the problem still persists. Let us know the results.

All the Mouse options were turned off already, no change, in fact I've turned off the majority of all the other options besides the taskbar and screen saver. I don't use any of the layout, hotkey or windows settings at all, they are all disabled and turned off.

Save Idle Screens > Start automatically. This was already turned off and not being used.

It appears based on some other threads this is an issue. I wish i could help isolate it but I can tell you if it suspend and resume AMM or just exit the issues goes away.

Looking forward to your feedback.

Alex Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 07/16/2019 12:42:24

Thank you for the information.

Please specify your basic hardware: processor model, number of physical/virtual cores, amount of RAM, motherboard vendor/model. Also please specify vendor/model/driver version of your keyboard and mouse and note whether you use any additional mouse/keyboard system software or not.

In addition, please provide vendor/title of your system security software (antivirus/firewall), if any.

carbon248

Posted: 07/16/2019 23:35:15

Please specify your basic hardware: processor model, number of physical/virtual cores, amount of RAM, motherboard vendor/model. Also please specify vendor/model/driver version of your keyboard and mouse and note whether you use any additional mouse/keyboard system software or not.

In addition, please provide vendor/title of your system security software (antivirus/firewall), if any.

This is a high end engineering laptop HP Elitebook 850

Intel i7-6600U
8 logical cores @2.6GHz
16GB RAM
Motherboard is HP
Laptop keyboard using Microsoft driver
Laptop mouse Synaptic SMBus touchpad synaptics driver
Also have Logitech G9x mouse with latest drivers, with or without this mouse it makes no difference (DPI set at 250)

Security McAfee

Looking forward to a fix of this bug as it is making using AMM very challenging with this mouse lag when it occurs. I have to reset and resume at least once an hour.

Alex Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 07/17/2019 20:42:32

Thank you for the update, now I have some more questions:

1. Could you disable your McAfee for a while and check if the issue persists?

2. When the issue appears, is it possible to drag a window using keyboard? To drag a window with keyboard, activate it, then press Alt-Space to invoke its system menu, then select the Move command in the menu and press Enter, then use the arrow keys to move the window. Please specify if the issue persists when dragging a window with keyboard.

3. Can you confirm that rolling back to the version 8.12 fixes the issue?

4. Are you ready to install and check some custom builds we may create to pin down the cause of the issue?

carbon248

Posted: 07/18/2019 01:00:20

Hi Alex,

1. I can't turn off McAfee unfortunately.

2. Dragging it using the keyboard behaves the same there is a much smaller lag because it does not move as fast as using a mouse to drag it across multiple screens. Very minor lag.

3. I confirmed that 8.12 does not have this issue, but I also was not using the screen saver either

4. possibly, Are you not able to duplicate this problem on your own systems? I don't believe I'm the only one reporting this issue. I think there is another thread related to this on the support forum. Have you been in touch with that user about their setup?

Alex Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 07/18/2019 18:57:37

Hi carbon248,

I'm sorry but it's true that we cannot reproduce the issue in our test systems, that's why I have to investigate it remotely, asking those technical questions. As for the other users, unfortunately, the situation looks the same from a user's point of view only whereas internally it could differ dramatically. We try to get as much information as possible from every user reporting the issues like yours but, unfortunately, most of them are not so cooperative and eager to help.

First of all, I've checked the characteristics of your CPU on my own and discovered that i7-6600U has only 2 physical cores with 4 logical processors. This information is principal so please check it out again and confirm or reject my discovery.

3. I confirmed that 8.12 does not have this issue, but I also was not using the screen saver either

I'm not sure why you did mention screen saver here, please explain. As far as I understand, you have not actually rolled back your copy to the version 8.12 but just told me about your past experience. Nevertheless, I'm asking you to install the version 8.12 right now and confirm that it does not produce the issue in your current software environment.

And another test I'd like to ask you to make (if possible, of course): please try to disable your mouse in the Device Manager and see if the issue persists (you can use the touchpad while the mouse is disabled).

Many thanks for your cooperation.

carbon248

Posted: 07/18/2019 23:34:21

Hi Alex

First of all, I've checked the characteristics of your CPU on my own and discovered that i7-6600U has only 2 physical cores with 4 logical processors. This information is principal so please check it out again and confirm or reject my discovery.

You are correct the website link i looked at does not understand the difference between physical and logical cores. I confirmed via device manager and it is 4 logical and 2 physical. That said I've never had a speed bottleneck issue with this laptop.

I'm not sure why you did mention screen saver here, please explain. As far as I understand, you have not actually rolled back your copy to the version 8.12 but just told me about your past experience. Nevertheless, I'm asking you to install the version 8.12 right now and confirm that it does not produce the issue in your current software environment.

Sorry for the confusion. The setting I did not use in 8.12 is Logon Screen>Secondary Monitors "Show pictures on secondary monitors" I don't think it makes any difference but in terms of settings this was the only delta.

I should also clarify I did install 8.12 yesterday and no issues so I upgraded back to 8.14.1 and so far it has been stable but it is an intermittent issue that comes and goes and I can't figure out what triggers it.

I did discover something else that is a bug which could be related and it happened again this morning.

If i leave my computer locked overnight and come back in the morning the AMM taskbar is completely blank, just a long black bar at the bottom with nothing on it, if i hover the mouse over it, a second Toolbar links shows where the mouse is pointing which is a bug as far as I'm concerned. The only way to fix this is to completely exit AMM and run it again. Never had this issue with 8.12 at all. I checked task manager to see if there is a memory leak or something unusual with the three AMM executable, what I didn't check was the AMM service LogonScreenService.exe but in any case this is a major problem and as bad as the mouse lag.

On a side note related to bugs, one of the reasons I upgraded is the option to show the Start menu on the window the mouse is on, this does not work at all.

And another test I'd like to ask you to make (if possible, of course): please try to disable your mouse in the Device Manager and see if the issue persists (you can use the touchpad while the mouse is disabled). I'm really curious if this can be fixed along with the other two issues.

I can disable the mouse for a short period of time but because I don't know what triggers the issue it is hard to use a touchpad for an extended period of time but I will test this.

Messages 1 - 10 of 15
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register