Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «FPSdrop + camera leap ingame » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 5806

Alex P

Posted: 06/13/2019 23:18:58

video
AWM8.14.0
Win10x64_1809[LTSC]
NvidiaDriver_430.86
GIGABYTE nVidia GeForce RTX 2070 Windforce
Monitors:
LG 27GK750F-B
LG 27MP75HM-P
G-Sync ON
FullScreen mode ingame

3 different condition:
1)AWM off - all good, 0fps drop, no camera leap ingame
2)AWM on (pause) 5-20fps drop, small camera leap ingame
3)AWM on (work) 30-50fps drop, large camera leap ingame

Details:
-video recording does not affect (NVENC) and without it the same.
-disabling another soft does not affect.

Explanation:
I do not know whether this is visible in the video, but it is very noticeable in reality.
In game its similar to Motion Blur + camera leap (when quick camera turns).
I use very few functions affecting the appearance of the windows, I do not use Taskbar, Multimonitor, ScreenSaver, DesktopProfiles, Mirroring, VirtualDesktops at all.

I don’t even know how to diagnose a problem if it is present when the AWM is on during a pause. Can you explain what affects the system even in pause mode?

p.s. -Launched ActualWindowManagerConfig (without Center) does not reduce performance.
-I tried to turn off absolutely all features - no effect
-I noticed one more - when AWM is turned on, the speed of camera rotation in the game is about 1.5 times higher than normal. It looks like some kind of mouse dpi conflict when interacting with 3d applications.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 06/18/2019 17:34:31

Hello, Alex

Can you explain what affects the system even in pause mode?
System hook handlers set by the program can affect the system.

Could you try to disable the following mouse-oriented options: AWM configuration module > Mouse > Drag and Scroll (all options), Multiple Monitors (Tight Monitor Boundaries and Wrap the Desktop). Also AWM configuration module > Multiple Monitors > Screen Saver > Save Idle Screens > Start automatically. Apply the changes and see whether the problem still persists. Let us know the results.

Best regards.

Alex P

Posted: 06/19/2019 04:19:09

Everything you listed has already been turned off.

System hook handlers set by the program can affect the system.
About this, there is a chance that in some way you will process it in the future so that it does not affect the performance?

For me, extremely convenient features: launch windows with audio output to certain Outputs (which I created in Virtuall Audio Cable), because Some older applications do not support the built-in Windows Audio Outputs. I just use this and few hotkeys for manipulate windows, the rest is all off.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 06/21/2019 16:14:20

Alex,

About this, there is a chance that in some way you will process it in the future so that it does not affect the performance?
We try to track such situations when this mechanism affects the performance and fix the problems.

Could you try to disable the Audio Switcher feature as well and see whether it solves the problem (AWM configuration module > Multiple Monitors > Audio Switcher > uncheck the "Enable Audio Switcher" option). Let us know the results.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register