Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Prevent flickering in Outlook? » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 7068

Stephen Kunkel

Posted: 06/03/2019 22:00:15

Hi There,  I have AWM v8, Win 10, and Office 2016/365.  I'm getting flickering of the Outlook window when certain screen-redraws happen.  For example when creating a new calendar item, if there's a schedule conflict, a message appears above the subject/date/time boxes, thus pushing those boxes down several pixels to make room for the message.  This happens smoothly unless AWM is running, then it flickers.  Are there any AWM (or Outlook) settings that will prevent this?

Stephen Kunkel

Posted: 06/04/2019 08:41:14

It occurred to me that I can just exclude that window.  Unfortunately I can't seem to exclude only the Appointment editing dialog window without excluding all of Outlook.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 06/11/2019 00:34:37

Hello, Stephen

I was unable to reproduce the problem with Actual Window Manager 8.14.

What exactly version of Actual Window Manager you're running?

What is the exact version of Outlook (File > Office Account > About Outlook)?

Could you send us your configuration files using the Send to Tech Support tool (Configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support). Change the "To..." address in the email to bogdan@actualtools.com and add a link to this topic to the email.

Also, you can exclude this window. You need to create an exclusion and leave only the program target window parameter enabled (Outlook.exe). Standard specific settings for Outlook has all three parameters enabled, and they still will be applied to the main window but shouldn't be applied to the appointment editing window, as the window caption parameter in the settings is "Outlook > substring match" and this window doesn't have this text in the caption.

Best regards.

Stephen Kunkel

Posted: 06/11/2019 21:43:43

Hi, Thanks for the reply Bogdan.  I had uninstalled AWM, and just now re-installed it and I'm not really seeing the flickering.   I'm not sure why it's different now.  If the problem happens again, I'll "capture" it as you've said with the configuration file and reply to this thread.

Thanks again.  FYI I'm using AWM 8.14 and Microsoft® Outlook® for Office 365 MSO (16.0.11601.20174) 32-bit.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register