New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 1 - 10 of 13
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

Topic: «Actual Window Manager generating slow transitions in windows » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 42779

Roberto Mattos

Posted: 05/30/2019 23:51:52

Hello, I'm having a slow Windows problem, with the Actual Window Manager running. When it is enabled, all window transitions or screen graphics are slightly slower.
Would you have any information about?

Thanks for listening.

Pitak Phichitsurakij

Posted: 05/31/2019 18:31:22

Do you mean when manually moving a window, it's a bit laggy?

Go to "Window Settings" > "Global Options" > "Align" and disable the "Display current window position while moving manually" fixes this problem.

Roberto Mattos

Posted: 06/05/2019 09:01:05

Pitak Phichitsurakij wrote:
Do you mean when manually moving a window, it's a bit laggy?

Go to "Window Settings" > "Global Options" > "Align" and disable the "Display current window position while moving manually" fixes this problem.

Hello, sorry for the delay to respond. This option did not work. I do not know if I explained it right. My English is not very good. The whole graphical part of any program seems to slow down the transitions. We have a program, Brazilian, for use in companies, that seems to have a slower one or two seconds, in the program interface transitions. Example: I click on an icon with some function in the program and that icon takes about 1 or 2 more seconds to respond with the current tools connected.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 06/12/2019 04:21:20

Hello, gentlemen

Roberto,

What OS are you running?

What version of Actual Window Manager are you running?

Do I understand correctly that the problem is that there is a delay in windows drawing, when you're running Actual Window Manager?

Could you specify in what exactly situations this happens besides when you click in an application window? Does it happen when you maximize, restore or move windows or when you bring a window to foreground, on top of the other windows?

What programs besides the Brazilian application you've noticed this problem with? Have you noticed this problem with popular applications or standard applications like Notepad?

Does the problem happen every time and right after you start Actual Window Manager or some time after start of the program?

Could you open the Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc combination), reproduce the issue and see what processes have the highest values of the CPU and Memory parameters (in Windows 8 and  10 - the Details tab) when the problem persists. Let us know the results.

Also please provide your PC specifications – the CPU and graphics card models?

Best regards.

Roberto Mattos

Posted: 06/13/2019 00:18:03

Hi :)

What OS are you running?
Windows 10 Pro 1809

What version of Actual Window Manager are you running?
Version 8.14

Do I understand correctly that the problem is that there is a delay in windows drawing, when you're running Actual Window Manager?
Exactly

Could you specify in what exactly situations this happens besides when you click in an application window? Does it happen when you maximize, restore or move windows or when you bring a window to foreground, on top of the other windows?
Like maximize, minimize, close or open any Window. Anything is drawing more slower.

What programs besides the Brazilian application you've noticed this problem with? Have you noticed this problem with popular applications or standard applications like Notepad?
The problem is more apparent in certain programs, such as the Brazilian program.

Does the problem happen every time and right after you start Actual Window Manager or some time after start of the program?
happens soon after you enable the Actual tools

Could you open the Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc combination), reproduce the issue and see what processes have the highest values of the CPU and Memory parameters (in Windows 8 and  10 - the Details tab) when the problem persists. Let us know the results.
The amount of CPU used remains the same, however, the CPU stays active for a longer time

Also please provide your PC specifications – the CPU and graphics card models?

Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

CPU
AMD FX-6300 51 °C
Vishera 32nm Technology

RAM
12,0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 669MHz (9-9-9-24)

Motherboard
Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. 970A-DS3P

Graphics
SMBX2050 (1600x900@60Hz)
1023MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 430 (ZOTAC International)

Storage
111GB KINGSTON SV300S37A120G (SSD)
931GB Seagate ST1000DM003-1ER162 (SATA)

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 06/18/2019 17:24:27

Roberto,

What monitors you use and what interfaces you use to connect them to the computer (DVI, HDMI etc.)? Do you use any USB video adapters?

The problem is more apparent in certain programs, such as the Brazilian program.
Does the problem persist for other applications besides the Brazilian application or other applications work correctly and don't have this problem at all?

Could you specify the exact name and version of the Brazilian application? Is it available for downloading?

Have you tried to exclude this application from processing by Actual Window Manager? You can create an exclusion the same way as specific settings but in the Exclusions section (AWM configuration module > Window Settings > Exclusions). In order for the exclusion was applied to the program you need to disable the specific settings for this program if they were created previously.

Best regards.

Roberto Mattos

Posted: 06/18/2019 20:23:58

Hi,

What monitors you use and what interfaces you use to connect them to the computer (DVI, HDMI etc.)? Do you use any USB video adapters?
Samsung SyncMaster BX2050
Interface DVI

Do you use any USB video adapters?
Nope

Could you specify the exact name and version of the Brazilian application? Is it available for downloading?

Program name: SEFIP
Link: http://www.caixa.gov.br/Downloads/fgts-sefip-grf/SetupSefipV84.exe

ps. As soon as you install the program and run it for the first time, you will need to restore a backup. As soon as the program enters it gives you the option to restore. I'm sending you a backup so you can restore and test. I'll send you the backup download link through Google Drive:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1iHkxyGmOdmOqldrlx6WgfkuoS67Ig0wA

Have you tried to exclude this application from processing by Actual Window Manager? You can create an exclusion the same way as specific settings but in the Exclusions section (AWM configuration module > Window Settings > Exclusions). In order for the exclusion was applied to the program you need to disable the specific settings for this program if they were created previously.
I had already tested this before and it also did not work.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 06/20/2019 20:08:44

Roberto,

I was able to install the program, but I'm unable to start it - when I try to start it I get the error message: "O Banco de Dados foi violado . Por favor reinstale o SEFIP". I tried the solutions I found on the internet but they made no difference.

Have you encountered this error message? Do you know how this can be solved?

Does the problem persist for other applications besides SEFIP or other applications work correctly and don't have this problem at all?

Best regards.

Roberto Mattos

Posted: 06/27/2019 18:31:07

Hi,

Try to install in Windows 7 compatibility mode and then run the application also in compatibility mode for Windows 7 and restore the backup again

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 06/28/2019 02:12:53

Roberto,

I've tried what you suggested and it didn't help. But I was able to install the program on another computer.

I'm not sure that I was able to reproduce the problem. The most close to what you describe is that it seemed to me that switching between the tabs on the screenshot is slightly slower. What else should I try to surely reproduce the problrem? I didn't notice any problems during maximizing and restoring the window.

Could you also send us your AWM configuration files using the Send to Tech Support tool (AWM configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support). Change the "To..." email address in the email to bogdan@actualtools.com and add a link to this topic in the email.

Best regards.

Messages 1 - 10 of 13
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register