Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Any hope for Skype and Spotify support » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 3927

Nils Nilsson

Posted: 05/20/2019 18:37:08

Trying out AWM again after not having used it for a while and notice that its still problematic to get programs like Skype, Spotify etc to play along nice with Desktop divider, Window Management etc. This is probably because these programs suck but since I need both, is there a way to get them to play nice with AWM? Recall I struggled a lot with the maybe a year ago but then it ended up with me not using AWM at all even though the real problem here are probably crappy coding for Skype, Spotify etc.

Nils Nilsson

Posted: 05/20/2019 18:38:59

Sorry, seems like I was a bit to quick here, I seem to be the problem rather than AWM :)

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 05/23/2019 14:00:35

Hello, Nils

Do you mean you no longer have the problems with Skype and Spotify you've encountered earlier?

Best regards.

Nils Nilsson

Posted: 05/27/2019 16:02:41

Yes and no. It seem to work with Desktop Divider but have not tried the "automatic placement" again that we discussed maybe a year ago (where AWM had problems placing some applications that did not seem to use normal window handling, like Skype and Spotify).

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 05/27/2019 23:33:12

Nils,

I was unable to find similar problems reported by you in our database or your earlier mentions of Skype and Spotify on forums.

but have not tried the "automatic placement" again that we discussed maybe a year ago
Are you talking about the "Put into divider's tile on startup" action in Specific Settings for Skype and Spotify?

Could you try to place the windows in divider tiles the way you're talking about and see whether the problem still persists.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register