Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[SOLVED]Media Monkey crash on startup when using AWM? , Media Monkey crash on startup when using AWM? » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 23124

Scott Morris

Posted: 05/26/2008 08:16:04

Today I install Actual Window Manager. It works great and I really like it. However, this application makes MediaMonkey (http://www.mediamonkey.com/) crash instantly on startup. Any chance you can look into this problem? Thanks  :)  

Michael Rezvanov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 05/27/2008 00:25:56

Scott,

Please specify: does it happen every time you open Media Monkey?

We downloaded and installed MediaMonkey Standard version 3.0.2.1134 - didn't detect the crash but observed several issues (which also happen when you stop AWM), like: inability to move and resize window, its custom title buttons don't work at all at times.

Don Chino

Posted: 06/13/2008 23:43:24

I thought I was the only one getting this crazy error but I also have Actual Windows Manager installed on my laptop. I installed Media Monkey in the past with no problems and it works with my other Admin profile, but it keeps crashing with my regular profile which has AWM installed.

I am running AWM 4.0 and MM Gold 3.0.2.1134.
MediaMonkey crashes IMMEDIATELY at startup, so can someone fix this?

:evil:  

Michael Rezvanov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 06/16/2008 04:15:57

Don, please try it with AWM 5.1 (just for a test)

Don Chino

Posted: 07/26/2008 01:30:17

Michael Rezvanov wrote:
Don, please try it with AWM 5.1 (just for a test)

I cannot believe you cannot just install MediaMonkey on your computer and just test it YOURSELF. No, it does not work because I just installed your AWM 5.1 and it still crashes MediaMonkey on startup. Now I am going to go back to AWM 4.0 because I am not paying for an upgrade until this is fixed.

Just install the FREE version: http://www.mediamonkey.com/

Install AWM 5.1 and you will see for YOURSELF that your program causes this and other programs to crash. So anyone else reading this, AWM is AWESOME and it totally ROCKS but it does not seem to work with some of these new "windows" like Google Talk. You guys need to fix this...

Once again, AWM does not work with MediaMonkey, GoogleTalk, AIM, and a host of other programs so when it fails to "work" with these windows it simply closes or crashes these programs. Test them yourself, they are all FREE programs so install them on your computer and test your software...

:evil:  

Bill Ralls

Posted: 07/27/2008 21:50:05

The same thing has been happening on my PC. Creating a rule to exclude MediaMonkey.exe does not help, nor does any other type of exclusion rule for MediaMonkey that I have tried to create.

The only way to use MediaMonkey is to exit out of AWM completely. It looks like there is a conflict with the system tray app that is used by MediaMonkey.

This is a something that needs to be fixed.

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 07/28/2008 09:41:26

Don, Bill,

I have just re-checked the topic issue with Actual Window Manager 5.2 beta 1 and MediaMonkey 3.0.3.1183 - there's no crash at MM's startup while AWM is working. However, there's a crash when switching MM to Miniplayer mode. Currently, this crash can be fixed by creating an exclusion for
Code
MediaMonkey.exe
ONLY (i.e. no class/caption enabled).

To investigate this issue further, please specify:

1. What MM skin do you use?

2. How do you open MM - as a fully-featured window or as a Miniplayer window?

Thank you.

Don Chino

Posted: 07/29/2008 18:44:40

:?:  :!:  :?:  :!:

OMFG!?!? Am I a RETARD or what?
Bill, it is working now but I guess AWM needs to HIGHLIGHT the fact that you can exclude windows. Can you believe I have been using AWM for over a year and I NEVER bothered to notice that you could exclude windows?

Yes, I am a RETARD Alexey but I gave AWM kudos because it is a kickass and awesome program so I never belittled it. Anyway, I am now able to use MediaMonkey in FULL, MINI, and TASKBAR basically it works PERFECTLY with AWM running. So how did I achieve this? All I did was go under EXCLUDED WINDOWS -> ADD then created a rule called MediaMonkey and unchecked CLASS and Window Caption...
I ONLY have PROGRAM selected with the location of my MediaMonkey installation.

Anyway, just double checked. Micro, Mini, and Taskbar in OPTIONS works 100% so I guess now I am going to look into upgrading.  :D

I am running AWM 4.0 with MediaMonkey 3.0.3.1183 so I hope everyone else having problems reads this. Throw this up in the FAQ section because I am used to adding windows through the right click interface but I never open the AWM interface other than to tweak a SPECIFIC window setting. So I never noticed EXCLUDE WINDOWS. :(
I am a dumbass, sorry...

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 07/30/2008 12:29:58

Don,

Glad to hear that your problem is finally fixed! ;)

As for the FAQ update, please could you point out where should we place it? Before answering, please check out this FAQ entry (note the item #2 ;) ).

Anyway, we will investigate the MM crash further because excluding a program is a temporary workaround, not real solution, because in such case you lose all AWM extra features for all windows of the program.

Bill Ralls

Posted: 07/31/2008 18:07:42

I upgraded to 5.2 Beta and the problem went away. I had been using version 5.1 and could not find any solution to the conflict with Media Monkey. I am using Media Monkey version 3.0.3.1183 with the glilded skin. Thanks for your help.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register