Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Move Window to Monitor on Startup Problem , Unable to keep window on Specified monitor » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 3601

Keith Jenkinson

Posted: 05/03/2019 16:01:31

I use a program called "Playground Sessions", a piano tutoring app.
On startup, I have configured Actual Window Manager to move this application to the monitor above my piano.
This works. The trouble is a second or 2 later, a login screen pops up, moving the Window back to the main monitor on the other side of the room!

I have tried adding a 5 second delayed macro to run on startup <WIN+/>, to move the Window to the next monitor. However, this simply puts the "/" character on the login prompt. I have tried variously preceding this with <Enter> or <Esc> but the result is the same.
It looks like the startup macro options don't properly support <win+/>. I guess this is a pretty unusual situation, why would anyone want to use <win+/> in a startup macro when you can use other options to select a startup monitor? Well, in this situation, I do!

I have tried asking the writers of Playground Sessions to stop moving their Window on startup, but 3 years on, nothing has happened. Hopefully I might get a better response herehttps://www.actualtools.com/bitrix/images/forum/smile/icon_smile.gif.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 05/03/2019 19:24:58

Hello, Keith

Unfortunately, the "Move to Monitor at startup" feature doesn't work with the "Playground Sessions" window correctly due to peculiarity of the way the window opens.

But the problem with the <Win+/> keyboard macro is associated with Actual Window Manager: the slash symbol is not processed correctly when used in macros. We'll try to fix it and will post in this topic when it's fixed.

As workaround, you can assign other combination for the "Move to monitor" hotkey which doesn't contain the slash symbol and change the keyboard macro accordingly. I was able to succesfully use the macro for the "Playground Sessions" window with 1,5 seconds delay and it didn't work with 1 second delay.

Best regards.

Keith Jenkinson

Posted: 05/04/2019 15:13:16

Hi Bogdan

Thank you for the quick response. Exactly the sort response I was looking for.

Kind regards

Keith

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register