Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «question about start button and taskbar color » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 3782

John Alexander

Posted: 04/07/2019 03:43:29

Hi,
I use AMM 8.13.3 on win7 pro x64 build 7601, and also classicshell 4.3.3.

For windows theme I use the Classic Theme for Windows 7 with GPU acceleration ("Classic AE mod 2019_1) found here

https://saarineames.deviantart.com/art/Classic-AE-2-5-3-Final-343638171

The reason I use that theme is because I frequently use the 1998 32-bit release of lotus 1-2-3, so I cannot use an aero theme or else windows will switch it to a basic theme every time I load lotus.  But I need DWM enabled in order to avoid screen tearing when watching video, so that led me to the Classic theme for Windows 7 above, which is the theme I'm using and need to stick with.  Not sure all that info is important here but figured I should state my theme and the rationale for it.

My issue is with the start button and taskbar color.  I use the classicshell function which allows me to specify a classic start button, and also change my taskbar color to black.  But on my second monitor (where I have an AMM taskbar, start button, and system tray) the taskbar is the blue-grey of my windows theme and the start button is the normal win7 start button.

Is it possible for AMM to use the same taskbar color and start button image on monitor 2, that Classic Shell is using on monitor 1?  Or while I'm asking for advice, is there any other general way I could modify my windows theme to have a classic start button and black taskbar?  Thanks.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 04/11/2019 20:03:20

Hello, John

Is it possible for AMM to use the same taskbar color and start button image on monitor 2, that Classic Shell is using on monitor 1?
Unfortunately, for now the taskbar appearance customization by third-party programs like Classic Shell is not supported by our products (except Start Menu). We'll consider implementing the support of the taskbar appearance customization, but it's a bit complicated at both sides (our company and the customization software developer) should be involved in this process. We'll post in this topic if the support is implemented.

Or while I'm asking for advice, is there any other general way I could modify my windows theme to have a classic start button and black taskbar?
As for the theme modification, there is a chance that you can modify your custom theme and the changes will be also accepted by our software, it depends on particular custom theme. We can't provide you more detailed advice on the theme modification, but you can try some of the windows theme editors.

Best regards.

John Alexander

Posted: 04/16/2019 01:53:39

Thanks Bogdan.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login